Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Industry Nine Gravity Wheels
  • jk1980
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the Industry Nine Gravity wheels? I was about to buy a set of Deemaxes but I procrastinated and the I9 wheels caught my eye!

With a 21mm internal width, I’m just wondering if the Deemaxes are too narrow these days. Or am I worrying about nothing on the basis that various WC racers use them?

If anyone has any positive/negative views about either I would be keen to hear…

Thank you

jk1980
    Free Member

Anyone?

sam_underhill

I’m using industry 9 hubs. The 3 degree pick up is great. I’d buy them again for sure.

Their wheels look great but I imagine getting spare spokes could be a pain. I always think going for something with regular spokes is a better idea, you’ll always be able to find a spare that’ll fit (even if not a perfect match) when on trips.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks Sam. Out of interest do you find their rear freewheel noisy when compared to other hubs? I’ve heard they’ve got a distinctive sound from the pinkbike review.

I don’t really get what 3 degree/120 point engagement actually means. I know a lot of hubs are around the 40 point engagement mark. Presumably its just less effort to turn the cranks?

sam_underhill

The 3 degree thing means the freehub picks up almost instantly after free wheeling, rather then having a little gap before so. Most noticeable on half pedal stroke stuff on tricky climbs.
    Because of this they have a more bee like noise. A smidge quieter (but only just) than a hope hub but more frequent clicks from the multiple point of engagement. Much louder than my AM classic hubs on my other bike.

jk1980
    Free Member

Ahh that makes sense – thanks, they do sound good, sounds like a great benefit to get faster acceleration.

Actually though I think both wheel sets will be better than what I currently have on my dh bike. Still have a 16 year old hope bigun on the front, it must weigh a ton! Not much better on the back, hence looking at i9/deemax.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Industry Nine Gravity Wheels’ is closed to new replies.