Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Indoor training advice please .
  • oldfart

It’s for my wife . She had a knee replacement following a bad leg break several years back . She enjoys cycling an d swimming , cycling no more than 15 to 20 miles . During the winter this has dwindled to the point that things are tightening up around the knee , consultant is talking about putting her under again to manipulate the knee followed by physio . So she wants to compliment this with indoor riding to help keep the knee as mobile as possible . Between her place of work and home there is an indoor pool and gym which to me is perfect but she only sees pound signs ! So she is talking about getting an Excercise bike again . But again looking at pound signs doesn’t want to spend much ho hum ! My experience of cheap Excercise bikes is that they are very notchy and jerky not at all smooth which is exactly what she doesn’t want . So I’m thinking turbo trainer around a £100 ? How much would she have to spend to get a decent Excercise bike ? Any more information / advice welcomed .

Rubber_Buccaneer

Leave it a couple of months then look for something second hand if you want good value (once all the chubbies have given up on their new year’s resolutions)

Best idea is to find a pay as you go or month at a time subscription gym. The spin bikes have a decent action and when she gets bored of it she won’t have an expensive clothes horse cluttering the place up.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Surely a turbo trainer is the obvious choice if you already have a bike. In these days of tablets and earphones you can watch a bit of telly and the noise and boredom isn’t the problem it used to be.

mogrim

A spinning bike is (IME) a lot quieter than a bike+turbo, although I agree with Rubber_Buccaneer that a gym would probably a better bet.

oldfart

My thoughts as well , gym best bet .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Indoor training advice please .’ is closed to new replies.