Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Indoor Freeview Aerials ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Have just bought my lad a big lcd telly for his birhday to use in his bedroom and as the telly has freeview i would like to utilise it if possible without having to go through the process of getting a outdoor aerial fitted …..
    Our house doesnt have a aerial has ive always been on sky , so never needed one ….
    So Does anyone make a resonable indoor aerial that works ok with Freeview ??

mboy
    Free Member

Sorry to rain on your parade, but not really!

Got a 23" Samsung 1080 TV in my room myself, and bought about the best indoor aerial for it to get freeview in my room. I can get about 4 channels in total! And one of them is QVC… Getting Dave is the only saving grace!

It's kinda pointless, even the guy selling it to me in the shop said they're a waste of space as even the best ones barely work at all.

Use the Samsung pretty much exclusively as a PC Monitor now anyway (which I bought it to do a dual role as also) for which it's ace!

uplink
    Free Member

It's impossible to know without doing a field strength check initially & then a signal quality test
    You can have one house working just fine & next door [with identical equipment] suffering problems

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

At a push i could probably get one in the loft if that was much better ?

uplink
    Free Member

A "proper" outside antenna in the loft will always out perform those indoor things but is no substitute for properly mounting it above roof level

One sign that you're in a good reception area is to look around at neighbouring houses
    If they have big antennas on long poles, pointing in all sorts of directions, you may struggle
    If – on the other hand – they all have normal size ones all pointing in the same direction, you will usually fair a lot better.

It's always going to be a "suck it & see" exercise

Gary_M
    Free Member

I've got a tv in an outbuilding in the garden which has a powered freeview ariel plugged in, nothing fancy just something from tesco.. Gets all the channels and works fine, but obvioulsy it might not work for you.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

B&Q are doing a sky dish type frewview affair at the moment, dont knwo how good it is mind, could give that a go?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Indoor Freeview Aerials ?’ is closed to new replies.