• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Indoor Bike Park – too old and / or not worth it?
  • chief1409
    Free Member

I’m 36. Whilst i think it looks great fun and want a go (and will have a go anyway) despite probably being double the age of most folks there I was just wondering if bmxing at one of these skate parks will help my normal mtbing??

RobHilton
    Free Member

I found it terrifying :mrgreen: Dropping in on vert on a tiny bike wasn’t a problem, but what to do on the other side of the halfpipe that appears so quickly??

BoardinBob

Bought my first bmx a couple of weeks ago after my 1st trip to an indoor park. It’s easily been 30 years since I was last on a bmx. It’s great fun.

honourablegeorge

Got into it this year a bit, when mates opened a place. I’m 39. It’s great fun. Kids a third your age will show you up. But it’s still fun.

sazter

Bob… You need to actually ride it now! See you there next week?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Rampworld is a 5 min ride from my house, it’s also next door to my daughter nursery – I look in sometimes when they’ve got the shutter up.

Frankly it looks like a thousand square foot (real size may vary) of suffering and death to a man of my advanced years (37) ha ha.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m a regular at Rush Indoor Skatepark, its 15 mins from my house:

http://www.rushskatepark.co.uk/

I’m 40 and got my first ever BMX middle of last year. I ride at Rush, and also BMX tracks and local outdoor parks. There’s a decent size contingent of people around my age at Rush. But then the youngsters are all sound as, and don’t take the piss out of us old dudes. Well not to our faces anyway.

All I’ll say is its bl88dy brilliant fun, and since getting a BMX my ability on an MTB has improved loads, most notably in the jumping and pumping department. Also I’m generally faster due to pumping more, sprinting out of the saddle and not braking. All stuff worked on at the BMX track.

BoardinBob

Bob… You need to actually ride it now! See you there next week?

Yes

chief1409
    Free Member

So, after the responses i popped my bike-park-cherry last Monday night and going again tonight so needless to say i enjoyed it. Only fell off twice – once a comedy fall whilst trying a manual and misjudging just how light the front end is and flipping right over backwards!
    I was absolutely knackered after it too – defo going to help the upper body fitness. Cheers for the input troops!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Nice work bud. Just got back from my lunch hour spent down the local BMX track. Got legs like jelly and knackered, but I can’t think of a better way to spend my lunch hour

jedi

i’m 46 and off to corby indoor park in a minute 🙂 #lovebmx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Indoor Bike Park – too old and / or not worth it?’ is closed to new replies.