Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Independence for Yorkshire
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

ok, not quite…

The ‘Sheffield City Region’ (including Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham and Sheffield)

we’ll be getting an additional £30/person/year additional funding. This will see the streets paved with gold.

we’ll be getting an elected mayor, who’ll no doubt make excellent choices for the prosperity and well-being of the region.

or, are we getting dry-bummed? now that Scotland has embraced the SNP, The Conservatives have a vice-like hold on Westminster – they can cut Labour strongholds adrift with little consequence to their MP-share.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

ah its a tory plot, your right. We’ll if you dont want the extra funding we’ll have it the SW thanks

martinhutch

Is Yorkshire now annexing most of Derbyshire? Abolishing DCC is the next logical step. 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

Pawsy_Bear – Member

if you dont want the extra funding we’ll have it the SW thanks

it’s (much) less than £30 each, don’t spend it all at once.

i don’t like thinking negatively (honestly!) but i suspect that what the right-hand giveth, the left-hand will be taking away-(and then some)-eth.

slowoldman

Is Yorkshire now annexing most of Derbyshire?

Plus a bit of Nottinghamshire. That won’t end well. The miner’s strike is forgotten yet.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yeah, go on, **** off and take Geoffrey Boycott with you

#transpenninelovein

slowoldman

Bit of banter there from Greater Manchester.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Oooof.

Floored

midlifecrashes

Except that I live in this area, and we already have an elected Mayor, and we weren’t given any choice whether to have a “Sheffield City Region”. Will our Mayor and the Sheffield City Region Mayor have to mud-wrestle if they disagree?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Ah but the “Sheffield City Region” isn’t even most of Yorkshire. Probably not even 1/4 of it, geographically speaking

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Must admit I’ve long thought that the Peoples Republic of Sheffield and the Peak District would have a great future. South Yorks can keep Donny, Rotherham and Barnsley, so long as we get Greno & Wharncliffe.

I’m sure we can deploy a ready made defence force consisting of riders armed with old Italian suspension forks and full bladders to annexe the Peak from DCC.

racefaceec90

piemonster

Whatever happens, still nobody will want Killamarsh

marthall
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does Yorkshire work differently to the rest of the UK?

My rule of thumb is “the further north you go… The nicer folk are” but in Yorkshire it’s the opposite?!?? The people of Sheffield are imeasurably nicer than say Leeds or (god forbid) Harrogate *shudder*

Anyway sounds like a Tory plot to me…

woody21
    Free Member

I live in the Derbyshire Dales – will I be arrested if I’ve got Worcestershire Sauce in the cupboard rather than Hendersons Relish?

slowoldman

I live in the Derbyshire Dales – will I be arrested if I’ve got Worcestershire Sauce in the cupboard rather than Hendersons Relish?

I would imagine it would be more serious than possession of crack cocaine.

wrecker
    Free Member

I think the people in Leeds are really friendly! More so than in Manchester.

Richie_B

Read the press releases on this and I’m still none the wiser.

Does anyone know what is proposed and who has agreed to this?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Independence for Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.