Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Incurable Affliction. Just need to share this.
  • mikertroid
    Free Member

Dear STWers,

I’ve been riding MTBs for over 20 years now and I just can’t get enough! I’ve just come back from an epic evening ride (enhanced by a recent skills day with UKBikeskills) and other than I need some sleep I just need to go and do more.

This affliction has got more severe as I get older. I don’t care whether it’s a miserable winter XC hack or some more fun bone dry trails, I just need to be out riding (unless I’m surfing…).

I genuinely hope I never find a cure!!

Thank you for your understanding.

thegreatape
    Free Member

thegreatape likes this

Rorschach
    Free Member

20 years…..bloody newbies.You’ll get over it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    garage-dweller

What we need is a (I am) like (that) button 😀

Also been night riding tonight and had a great one 😀 on the back of riding with the family yesterday in glorious sunshine.

I love riding bikes me.

Ambrose

My name is Ambrose.

I ride my mountainbike.

I am (not) ashamed.

😉

mikertroid
    Free Member

Glad to hear I’m in good company!!

sandwicheater

Have you asked your GP for a cream?

zeesaffa
    Free Member

I suffer from the same addiction!I OD’d at Bike Park Wales last year and ended up in A&E. Several months of cold turkey rehab but all I could think about was my next hit.
    I’m not ashamed to admit… I’m using again

hatter

The past 3 years and the arrival of 2 kids has put a serious cramp on my MTB ambitions and the past year or so I’ve largely been riding road mostly for convenience.

Anyway, in an attempt to get me motivated late last year I sank some cash on a new full-suss, took her out and had a proper “Oh yeah, I remember now, this is properly ace!” road to Damascus moment.

Getting out very chance I get at the moment, looking forward to regular post-work rides now things are drying out. Back with a vengeance.

ads678

My name is Adam,
    I haven’t ridden a bike in anger this year!!
    I am ashamed 😳

Might get out somewhere tomorrow after work though, woo hoo!!

sbob
    Free Member

Don’t worry, mountain biking is not a crime.
    You’re thinking of skateboarding, which almost certainly is.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Had a nice evening blast to check out some tweaks on my bike.

Still itching to go again; first time at Tidworth Bike Park tomorrow eve. Very excited!!

@Hatter, MTBing with young kids is sadly frowned upon by mothers. It resulted in lots more night rides for me whilst everyone else slept. That was/is very addictive…..

garage-dweller

Mikertroid+1 sort of but I find it’s lack of time with the kids rather than a frowning mrs gd that stops me. I ride more at night because it doesn’t impact the kids.

Riding with the kids is ace too but quite ddifferen.

mikertroid
    Free Member

G-d

My kids have discovered cycling after years of thinking it’s “lame” (not been a pushy Dad as I’m aware I have ‘The Condition’) and we’re starting to do some decent rides off road now. Long may it continue!

PePPeR

I love biking too, I’m also a petrol head, but its bikes that make me smile, I’ve a bad knee at the moment and its frustrating me terribly but i got out for a 25 mile gentle road ride with my wife last weekend and was grinning from ear to ear at the end.

epicyclo

The only problem with being a long term mtbr –

Why are the mountains getting steeper? 🙂

dufusdip
    Free Member

Wait 12 hours til the earth has rotated to the other side of its axis and the hills will get easier. Don’t forget the lights…
    😉

First ride last night that felt like the tyres rolled rather than having to force them through the mud 😀

jedi

bikes rock! 🙂

epicyclo

dufusdip – Member
    Wait 12 hours til the earth has rotated to the other side of its axis and the hills will get easier. Don’t forget the lights..

Thanks. I now see what I’m doing wrong. 🙂

mikertroid
    Free Member

Back from another storming eve ride hitting jumps with new found confidence (thanks Jedi!).

Super stoked. Looking forward to tomorrow’s session!! 😆

jedi

woop woop. loving it eh

Candodavid
    Free Member

Great solo ride on Mendip tonight, out and back in under 2 hours. Covered in this hazy stuff called dust.
    Can’t ride again till Sunday, let’s hope this weather hangs around

xc-steve
    Free Member

23years for me, 4 of which spent as a full on xc racer (2 years elite), now I’m now longer racing feel I wasted those 4 years not having as much fun as I could… making up for it now though!

Stevet1
    Free Member

Needed to add a post on this. Been out at lunchtime today (with the weather it would have been rude not to) to investigate a new spot. Weatehr perfect, trails perfect, bike even felt perfect. Coming back to work and seeing everyones gloomy faces peering in shop windows and mooching about I had to wonder why everyone doesn’t do this!!!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Incurable Affliction. Just need to share this.’ is closed to new replies.