Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Incremental gains.
  • meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve changed the tape and seat on my commuter (to attractive brown leatherette jobs). This week I have consistantly knocked 3-5 mins off my commute every day in both directions.

Clearly my old set/tape combo were holding me back. What other areas can I adjust to gain the edge? I was wondering if I should change my seat collar?

matt_outandabout

Change the cable end ferrules to colour co-ordinated ones.
    -1min

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve been experimenting lately with toiletries..

I switched to a basic toothpaste instead of a triple action and shaved a few seconds off (only into a headwind though)

RustySpanner

Wear your watch on your non driveside wrist to equalise weight distribution (does not apply if using discs, obviously – in that case wear either 2 watches or none).

Properly trim all nose and ear hair – Laura Trott swears it’s the difference between victory and defeat.

Rotate embossed branded bar end plugs to the most aerodynamic position.
    Be careful of unwanted lift – don’t want any unexpected take off’s do we?

richpips
    Free Member

Remember to change your wheels with the 35mm CX tyres for the ones with 23mm slicks before doing a 55 mile road ride.

Northwind

Yesterday my boss nipped by the house and I cut off an old lock which he’d attached to the frame then lost the key for. Today he swore he got home a minute faster than normal because of the weight loss.

So, first attach some locks to your bike…

Drac

Ah I thought this was a A4C thread.

avdave2

Wear your watch on your non driveside wrist to equalise weight distribution

Have you no idea the drag caused by a watch! There are better places to put it.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w12RKy966OU&t=95[/video]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Incremental gains.’ is closed to new replies.