Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Increasing the travel on a Sektor fork
  • nickthegreek
    Free Member

I’ve got a nukeproof scout running a 2014 Sektor Gold RL solo Air 140mm fork. Is there an easy way to increase the travel to 150mm? TIA

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends which internals they have.

Older ones – no, you can only shorten them with tokens which stop the spring extending.

Newer ones – maybe, if the stanchions are long enough you have to buy longer air spring shafts and swap them over. You’d have to ask SRAM tech support as some OEM forks with reduced travel have shorter stanchions as well.

For 10mm though, I wouldn’t bother. 20-40-60mm would make a difference, but 10mm will be barely perceptible either in head angle or the forks function (and if you can tell a difference I’d bet on it being down to a freshly serviced fork and/or confrontational bias).

Northwind

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Older ones – no, you can only shorten them with tokens which stop the spring extending.

It may already be shortened though- my 130mm Sektors had 20mm of AT spacers in, which was nice.

OP, I’d just get the air spring out and have a look. It could be a free, 10 minute job to do in which case no reason not to. The worst case scenario is you don’t learn anything useful so you just give the fork a lowers service, which is still good…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickthegreek
    Free Member

Thanks for the help. I’ll have a look this weekend.
    They might be a tad overdue a service but as my N+1 compulsion has gone a bit haywire i’m now up to 6 bikes so servicing them takes most of the weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Increasing the travel on a Sektor fork’ is closed to new replies.