Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Increasing seat post size
  • owenfackrell
    Free Member

I would like to get a dropper post but at the moment my frame is 29.8. I can’t afford or want a new frame as I like how mine rides. I’m trying to work out if it would make much of a difference to the frame to reem it out by 1.1mm.
    What’s the opinion on here and has anyone done it?

kayak23

Can’t you get a 27.2 mm and a shim?

andrewh
    Free Member

Watching thread with interest. My Stinky is 30.0. It has a (terrible) 27.2 post and a shim but only because all the good posts seem to be 31.6, have thought about this but unsure how much weaker it would make it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

I asked about to see if I could find someone to reem my 30.0 frame, lots of “erm, maybe don’t blame us if it breaks” type comments – bought a shim and a 27.2.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Andrewh – Reverbs come in 30.9mm. Reaming out Easton RAD tubing to reduce w/t by 0.45mm is feasible, especially if you fit a long version of Reverb (e.g. the 420mm version).

Owen – sort of depends on how thick the wall is in the first place. I’m guessing your frame is aluminium alloy with a 34.8mm O/D ? If so, taking that from 29.8mm to 30.9mm might be OK (as per my above comment).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Increasing seat post size’ is closed to new replies.