Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Increasing Rockshox fork travel on hardtail
  • limburger
    Free Member

My winter bike is a Boardman Pro 29er from 2014. It’s rather lovely, but I noticed that the new version of the bike has got 120 mm of travel, instead of 100 mm on mine. The frame looks almost identical, so I thought (as the fork is due for a service) that I might increase travel to 120 mm, which would also help the geometry a bit. I’d probably need new parts. Any advice? Issues? Best place to have it done? Fork is a Reba RLT. Thanks!

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Solo air? Should just be a matter of changing the air shaft although some rebas won’t go the full 120mm
    I got about 115mm out of mine due to the dampening shaft being too short.

BoardinBob

Should just need to remove the All Travel spacer. As long as the air shaft is ok, and it should be on a Reba.

Check the service manuals on the SRAM site

andyl
    Free Member

No travel spacers in 2014. They switched to Solo air in 2013 so you would need a new air spring shaft (about £20).

Is your fork QR or 15mm? Only the 15mm is supposed to be upgraded and you should have 3 sets of sag markers on the stanchion – 80, 100 and 120mm (at about 80% sag when full extended in 100mm travel mode.

limburger
    Free Member

Thanks! It’s 15 mm so I will just get a new air spring shaft.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Increasing Rockshox fork travel on hardtail’ is closed to new replies.