Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Increased suga? cravings whilst training.
  • The-Beard

So I’ve upped my trainig load recently, been working pretty hard. It’s going well, I have seen a marked improvement in my fitness but I am getting these ridiculous sugar cravings!

I eat well. No processed junk, lots of fresh produce and normally very little sugary stuff. But it’s all going to pot right now. I suppose I am burning more energy and should be snacking more to keep the tanks topped up. Any good suggestions for work snacks or ideas for keeping off the junk?

Whilst you’re thinking about it I am off to raid the kids sweet basket. Sure they had some Cadbury buttons…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Snack on low GI carbs

wool

Managed to do a whole loaf as a mid morning snack yesterday…….let me know if you find a solution.

DT78
    Free Member

I had this last year. Got to 10pm and I needed to eat a handful of jelly babies. Basically I just wasn’t getting the calories in and was dropping a kilo a week (from 77kg to 72kg) pretty quick. I was eating loads, like entire chickens for dinner, so in the end I just thought my body is craving it for a reason. I was eating about 2 bags a week! My diet is typically quite low in carbs and high in protein.

Easy way to check is if you use a garmin take the calories it estimates, compare to the food you have eaten that day, plus usual daily burn of 2500c. How close are you?

MKII
    Free Member

An old roadie told me about the miracles of cottage cheese to help with this. Eat straight out the pot rather than on bread and a full pot at a time. I ain’t no nutritionist but I’ve heard it has many of the same proteins as are found in recovery drinks. More importantly it pretty much kills off that hungry feeling.

Last year, over a 3 moth period I stick to this dropped to my lowest weight in recent years and went from c.4 hours at the 3 peaks cyclo-cross to 3h36. I reckon that weight loss had a lot to answer for that performance as much as the other aspects of my training.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nutella works for me. Its about the only junk food I consume.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Increased suga? cravings whilst training.’ is closed to new replies.