Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Incompetent delivery companies- 'Expert Logistics'
  • zbonty

With a you name like that, you should be able to demonstrate some level of competence..

I’ve lost a day’s work to be in for our replacement oven to be installed. They turn up to my house then realize its not in their van. Apparently it’s 150 miles away in Crewe. Not happy.

Don’t et me started on Domestic & General Insurance or all the hopeless call centres attached. Line them all up against the wall 👿

jam-bo

Don’t et me started on Domestic & General Insurance or all the hopeless call centres attached. Line the up against the wall

I had that pleasure earlier in the year. once they finally gave up trying to fix my washing machine (6 weeks, 4 visits), they couldn’t see that waiting another 3 weeks for a replacement was acceptable given I could go and buy a replacement that afternoon.

If I hadn’t been stupid enough to let the policy auto-renew earlier in the year then just buying a replacement would have been easier and not far off cheaper.

lesson learnt. Open your post.

edit: delivery was fine though..

sharkbait
    Free Member

Bloody Herpes – said they delivered two parcels yesterday (and got signature), but but there was someone here all day and no-one delivered anything.

zbonty

Jam bo, i share that pain. Its like an ongoing open wound that keeps being prodded. I must have spent 24 hours on hold this year to various departments.

Its truly draining.

Avoid.Avoid.Avoid.Avoid.Avoid Avoid.Avoid.Avoid.Avoid.Avoid.Avoid.

Kahurangi

Bloody Herpes

See you doctor! (or a Sexual Health Clinic before they all get shut down)

😯

project
    Free Member

I’ve lost a day’s work to be in for our replacement oven to be installed. They turn up to my house then realize its not in their van. Apparently it’s 150 miles away in Crewe. Not happy.

Our customer ordered some doors from Wickes, she rang icess tore the night before to confirm they where going to be delivered next day, yes theyt said on the van now, next daty we arrive, 9,00am no doors despite being 3 miles from store, ring store, yes theyre on van will be with you within hour, hour passes ring store again, doors on van driver hsas forgot his mobile, they state we told him to put doors on van first.
    Hour latter, still no doors, ring store to say we will pick up replacement doors from store, sadly theuy dont have any in stock, so go home, waste of a day, us and customer not happy, neither got paid.

Customer rings at 17.00 to say doors have arrived, and driver put them on first, but then stacked other doors on top and other stuff so had to deliver them first to get at our doors.

and surprise surprise doors where damaged and had to be returned.

project
    Free Member

Then there was argos who tried to deliver a settee to a house next to the one we where working at, they got it half way in the front door when the door handle ripped the rear of it open, they then refused to take it back as another van did collections, a very unhappy argos customer she was, we got a call back a few weeks latter to take door off so they could get a new settee in.

Northwind

zbonty – Member

They turn up to my house then realize its not in their van. Apparently it’s 150 miles away in Crewe.

We had that one time; they’d had a breakdown and swapped van and it didn’t occur to them to move any of the stuff. So it wasn’t just not in the van, it was in a different van at a random garage that their breakdown people had dragged it off to and nobody knew where. At least it was funny.

@sharkbait, I’ve had myhermes do about a thousand parcels now and they’ve lost 4 and only had a few bad delays that I know of. Not too shabby, that. And nice easy refunds for the ones they lost.

(though their claims process is annoying- they go through “describe the parcel to help us find it” then instantly refund so clearly they don’t actually use that info, or look for the parcel, they just write it off.)

sic_nick

So far MyHerpes have lost several of my parcels, one was apparently left in my shed which is great going as I live in a block of flats and they refused to deal with me as their contract is with the person who pays for the service. Most recent package just left outside the door and a note saying “outside door” even though I was in and thankfully found it before somebody walked off with it. I would personally never use them to deliver anything.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Incompetent delivery companies- 'Expert Logistics'’ is closed to new replies.