Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • inbred v scandal ride quality
  • karnali
    Free Member

riding a 16 inbred and tempeted by a scandal to save weight, is there any noticable difference in the ride and the comfort form anyoen whos ridden both close together, have ridden scandal but was a while ago

cheers

epicyclo

Scandal is much nicer than my old sliding dropout Inbred.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I ran both recently. The Inbred feels a little bit comfier/softer off jumps etc, but the Scandal does feel a bit zippier since it is about 30% lighter. Not a massive difference between them, but there is a slight difference than even my untrained legs can feel.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Have a 456 and Scandal. Scandal is very comfy compared to my old alu race bike, certainly good for all day rides. Also very capable on technical stuff even with 100mm forks.

Northwind

I had an older model Scandal, some people say the new one is stiffer but the old one was a nice comfy ride… Not so very different to the Inbred, the inbred felt springy while the Scandal felt bendy if that makes any sense. Personally I reckon the Scandal made the Inbred irrelevant overnight but it appears about a million Inbred buyers disagree :mrgreen:

karnali
    Free Member

i’m tempted ot go for a scandal again, i remmebr it being a pain in the ass to clean compared to a painted frame and i prefer the skinny tubes but the weight saving is tempting, can u get a green on in 26 version?

Stoner
    Free Member

the older scandal was a noticeably smoother ride than my inbred. but it was zippier too. If Im brutally honest, I maintain that the scandium scandal hanging up in the garage is actually probably a better riding frame than the Ti29er 😳

karnali
    Free Member

if its a 16 u want to sell it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘inbred v scandal ride quality’ is closed to new replies.