Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Inbred saddle……. comfy?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just about to buy one of these for my 456 build. £10 seems really cheap – is it and are they comfy?

ski
    Free Member

The big nose version is squidgy, but I find the standard one on the harsh side.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Not at all: instruments of torture

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Used to think the standard one was comfy when it was on my SS Inbred. Then realised it was only comfy because I never actually sat down on that bike. Can be a little harsh. But yeah, £10 is very cheap.

ski
    Free Member

sharkbait – if you want to try one for free, I have one you can try somewhere in my shed 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

Ski……. sounds like a plan…. if you want to tidy the shed a bit I’d be willing to help out 🙂 Maybe I won’t buy one quite yet then!

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve always liked mine, but I liked a Brooks straight out of the box too. Should have a Bignose arriving soon.

thomthumb
    Free Member

big nose is very comfy imo.

StirlingCrispin

Mine’s OK, but I’ve ridden far comfier saddles.
    If I was buying a saddle today I’d pick up a SDG saddle from Merlin for £20. They are very comfy!

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/bicycle-saddles-fizik-wtb-selle-italia-sdg-brooks-bike-saddles/sdg-bike-saddles/

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve always been happy with mine until I took my Inbred to France for some touring. Many hours in the saddle resulted in a sore botty; saddle was new though which might not have helped.

hazeii
    Free Member

The standard Inbred saddle has plenty of fans. I was surprised how good it is, done plenty of long (100k+) offroad days on one (despite initially removing them from new OO bikes unridden, and chucking them in the spares box with a biased “too cheap to be any good” view). Worked out later it’s very similiar shapewise to a Flite, which I like.

Maybe not one for people who prefer big saddles, also last time I looked, CRC seemed to have exactly the same saddle listed with loads of different logos so it seems to be a generic model.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Inbred saddle……. comfy?’ is closed to new replies.