Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Inbred mudguards
  • baileyswalk
    Free Member

Anyone found a decent front mudguard for commuting duty on the a 26″ inbred

downhillfast
    Free Member

Depends on what fork you have surely?
    Suspension or rigid?
    Mudguard eyes on it?

Bez

Also depends how big a tyre you have on it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    baileyswalk
    Free Member

It’s the rigid on-one fork… It does have some eyelets thought they were for a rack tho… It’s got some new marathon shoes on the now so hopefully that won’t change for a few K’s

baileyswalk
    Free Member

Just DBL checked, it’s got 4 eyelets on the front of the fork.

catfood
    Free Member

I put these on mine does have 1.75 road type tyres on now tho, can take up to 2.1 apparently.
    EDIT also used a ‘problem solver fender flute’ from Charlie the Bikemonger to get over the mudguard on a mountain bike fork issue

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Tortec-Reflector-Full-Length-Mudguard-Set_21528.htm?sku=242486&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuLOSjt361wIVTuAZCh3phQ49EAQYASABEgK1aPD_BwE

catfood
    Free Member

Looking at the On One rigid fork I think you need a set of clip on ones as you don’t have an eyelet at the top of the fork to attach the guard or fender flute to.

downhillfast
    Free Member

I had the On-One forks on a 29er.
    I think you need to find a front ‘guard that will fix to the underside of the steerer tube.
    I got some SKS Beavertail guards and drilled a hole in the front one, then put a star nut into the steerer from below, and held the guard in place with a headset top cap and bolt.
    It worked remarkably well and was pretty firmly held In place.

You could get a Full front mudguards and use some P-clips on the fork legs to hold the mudguard stays in place.

CraigW
    Free Member

Or drill holes in the mudguards, and put a couple of zip ties around the fork crown.

shermer75
    Free Member

Just DBL checked, it’s got 4 eyelets on the front of the fork.

Those are for V-brakes unforts

I think you need to find a front ‘guard that will fix to the underside of the steerer tube.
    I got some SKS Beavertail guards and drilled a hole in the front one, then put a star nut into the steerer from below, and held the guard in place with a headset top cap and bolt.
    It worked remarkably well and was pretty firmly held In place

This is what I’d be doing. With a long enough bolt it would work quite well!! 🙂

davidr

I’ve just done this. Axle runners for the stays and drilled a hole in the fork. I needed to drop the top attachment so used an adaptor for a rack,two holes about 25mm apart. I can send a photo tomorrow if it helps.

Guards are SKS Bluemels, cheap to try it out.

shermer75
    Free Member

I can send a photo tomorrow if it 

Can you post it on here? I’d love to see what you mean..

baileyswalk
    Free Member

I can send a photo tomorrow if it helps.

Aye, please do – sounds intriguing.

davidr

OK let’s try photos… Apologies in advance for the garage mess!

OK that didn’t work. Anyone know how I can make Google Drive photos visible to people outside my domain?

shermer75
    Free Member

OK that didn’t work. Anyone know how I can make Google Drive photos visible to people outside my domain?

This is always the problem! The most popular photo website on this forum seems to be postimage

https://postimages.org/

davidr

Right just heading out so a link to a gallery rather than images in the thread!
    https://postimg.org/gallery/2qk9r9krw/

shermer75
    Free Member

Good work, thanks for posting!

Looks like you had some fun getting it all to work! What are those axle runners? They look super useful- and nice with the anodising also!

Bez

Axiom Axle Runners by the looks of it.

P clips would work too: better if you regularly remove the wheel, and if you use a disc brake they could be mounted up the leg above the disc brake mount.

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks! 🙂

davidr

Yes Axiom Axle Runners. I did think about p clips but i was lazy and these meant that I didn’t have to worry about measuring tubes etc.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Inbred mudguards’ is closed to new replies.