Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • inbred front mech collar size?
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

What size collar shim thing do i need for an xt front mech to fit an inbred? Cheers

khani
    Free Member

Frame spec Geometry Sizing guide Frame Details
    Frame Material DN6 double butted 4130 chromoly steel
    Approx. Frame Weight (g) 2268
    Seatpost Size (mm) 27.2
    Seat Clamp Size (mm) 29.8
    Font Mech Clamp Size (mm) 28.6
    Wheels 26" x 2.5 tyres will just about fit, but we recommend 2.0 – 2.3" for best performance
    Mudguards Yes
    Rack Mounts Yes
    Bottle Cage Bosses 1 set
    Fork Travel 100mm MAX
    Dropouts Vertical
    Bottom Bracket shell 68mm, English threaded
    V-brake mounts Removable

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Thanks, i was just being a lazy ar*e last night and couldn't be bothered to look myself :oops:.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Their website was wrong a while back. It said a size that wasn't available – I think it quoted the seatclamp size not the front mech size.

I had to ring them to check, and whoever I spoke to confirmed it was on their to-do list of things to correct.

khani
    Free Member

i'v just got a new 18inch barry white/glitter black geared frame and those sizes are correct for mine
    allthough the seat post is a loose fit and the seatclamp has to be effin tight to stop it slipping
    gonna try a ragley 27.3 post methinks

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

29.8 or 30.0 seatclamp? I've a 29.8 salsa flip-lock on my 456 and its fine with a thompson post.

khani
    Free Member

29.8 on one clamp with a nc17 post, the post is fine on 3 other 27.2 frames so its not undersized i think, and my other 3 27.2 posts (thompson, gd, on one twelfty) do the same so the frame is slightly oversized i think, 27.3 ragley is next
    EDIT i'v tried pace carbon stuff and it was a bit better but i still have to crank the seatclamp silly tight to stop slippage, as in fookin effin tight, enough to make me a bit nervous about breaking something
    EDIT 2 if i undo the seatclamp the post just drops to the head instantly, non of my other bikes do this if i undo the clamp on those the post slowly slides down a bit not drop like a slidehammer

stumpy01

I bought a cheap 27.2 Identiti seatpost from CRC and it's really snug in the seat tube of my Barry White Inbred; even with the seat clamp removed from the frame the post needs reasonable effort to move. It won't drop under the weight of the saddle.

And yeah, Khani those sizes are correct for my frame, but I think the front mech size used to say 29.8, not 28.6.
    It confused me for a while!

khani
    Free Member

i think mine got a proper reaming 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘inbred front mech collar size?’ is closed to new replies.