Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Inbred and P2's (rigid fork sizes)
  • m360
    Free Member

My mate has picked up an Inbred frame and some P2 disc only forks. They look a bit short though (420mm c-c). What length fork should be on it? Checked on-one site but can’t find what I’m looking for.

Cheers
    m

haggis1978

Not sure what length of forks the inbred is designed around but I’d guess 100mm and then check the length of a standard 100mm fork against the P2

Bez

Depends on what vintage Inbred; I think early ones were 420 (80mm corrected) and later ones 440 (100mm corrected). Maybe they subsequently went longer, I’ve no idea.

I’ve used a 400mm fork on both (what I believe to be) 420 and 440 versions, though. Rides the way I like it 🙂

m360
    Free Member

I think his is a later one. Has disc mount on the rear, dark blue in colour?

I think he needs a 100mm fork on it, so 440 then. Suggested he build it anyway, and see what he thinks.

Cheers.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My 853 Inbred is 2007/8 vintage and I’ve been running a 440mm rigid for a few years now. I did try a shorter one for about 10 minutes on Mrs PPs Rockhopper (also 100mm corrected) and it was waaaay to short, pedals hitting the floor easily and too low at the front.
    Unless your Inbred is really ancient you’ll be needing 440mm

philjunior
    Free Member

I don’t imagine it’ll lead to instant death if his forks are 20mm shorter. (440mm is the right length for my age of inbred).

paul4stones

Unless it’s a 29er it’ll be 440mm for that. FWIW my son is riding a frame designed for a 450mm fork with a 400mm one on (see what I did there) instead. It’s quite lively but he’s still alive.

m360
    Free Member

440 it is then. No fear of death whatever happens – he doesn’t let go of the brakes for long enough 😈

takisawa2

I found a 470mm (29er) rigid rode best on the Inbred I had. Felt perfect.

ski
    Free Member

Same as PP I put 420 on my inbred and soon swapped them for 440’s

I have also used both the pace and on-one versions on a inbred, preffering the onone’s, looking down while braking with the pace scarred the hell out of me because of how much they flexed!

Onone 440’s are the way to go

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

if I recall correctly the ones I tried on the Rockhopper were a lot shorter. They were Cotic Roadrat forks anyway, if you want to check, and they weren’t good at all.
    I’m using some Genesis iO forks I got for £20 off a mate who upgraded to suspension.
    Mrs PPs Rockhopper ended up with some 440mm disc only Kona Project Twos on it, which are nearly as rare as hens teeth. I’ve still got them even though she has a new bike an they aren’t for sale!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Inbred and P2's (rigid fork sizes)’ is closed to new replies.