Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Inbred 29er
  • cooie

Anyone got an Inbred 29er know the front mech size. Got an Inbred 853 and it’s 28.6. On One website says 29.8 for 29er. Just want to check it’s not a mistake!!

Cheers Ian

mboy
    Free Member

It’s 28.6

29.8 is for the seatclamp size, the seat tube is externally butted so it’s a bit thicker at the top end than down by the BB where the front mech clamps.

khani
    Free Member

29.8 is the seatclamp size, not sure about the front mech but it’s either 28.6 or 31.8 it’s not 29.8 though…
    Edit..slooooow typing from me…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cooie

Well that’s what I tought,as my 853 and wife’s Inbred are both 28.6, but on the On One website ali the steel Inbred 29ers state 29.8!! Presumably a typo then?

fenred
    Free Member

Yep typo, I love on one but their marketing guy needs shooting 😉

cooie

Cheers guys 🙂

khani
    Free Member

I reckon it’s a typo, I helped build up my mates new one a bit ago and the front mech used standard shims which are either 28.6-31.8-34.9, and we took the 34.9 ones off and used the smaller ones, but I can’t remember which ones…
    But they weren’t 29.8 I know for sure

cooie

Thanks. Anyone know how long it takes from ordering a frame to delivery with On One? I have 2, but was a few years back and forget.

Cheers

fenred
    Free Member

My 26er inbred took under 24 hours and 29er took 48 hours, but that was smack bang over Xmas so tbh I’ll let that one go 😉

bubba
    Free Member

ok just to add into the mix, it took 2 days from placing the order to arrive at my door, this was the 29’er imbred swap out frame.

but here is the but, i too was baffled while ordering parts away that i called on one tech customer support and got eh feedback with the one in front of him that yes the down tube is not reduced like on other frames and is actually a 29.8mm so i would need to buy the right mech for the right size..

after a little heated comments i ended up no clearer on what part i need now so still searching, i think i will take down to LBS and ask physical sight of it and get the answer that way (i don’t own verniers)

but waiting for all parts to arrive before getting it out of the box to build (minus front mech)

lets hope someone who actually has one and know’s what front mech is fitted will clear this matter up

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Just been out to the garage and measured my 2012 Inbred 29er with digital calipers for you.

28.6 mm front mech, 29.8 mm seatclamp.

Says 28.6 mm front mech on the On One site for the 2012 slot dropout 29er Inbred.

bubba
    Free Member

thanks Farmers choice !..

i take it mine will be the same as being the swap out frame, i will kindy call on one and tell then of the mis-information supplied…

wonderfull..
    *now i need a 28.6 front mech*…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Inbred 29er’ is closed to new replies.