Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • inbox by gmail
  • jon1973
    Free Member

http://www.google.com/inbox/

It’s by invite only. You can request one from Google, which I’ve done, but it’s taking ages.

Anyone using it currently, who could send me an invite?

Jonchapman1973[at]gmail.com

Thanks muchly

ji
    Free Member

oooh – and me please!

partridge dot jl at gmail dot com

Cougar

Sounds terrible.

I’ve requested an invite.

Stoner
    Free Member

a lot of what’s in “inbox” can be enabled in tabs in gmail inbox already.

Google Now (on your android) will let you do reminders too, although I dont think they arrive in your inbox yet.

And since I have the annoying categorising tabs OFF in my inbox and I use my calendar/emails to myself/google keep as reminders, Im not really that interested in gmail Inbox.

scaredypants

All I want is to get shot of the bloody massive wide column of bollocks on the left of my inbox 😥

tthew

Me too if you get your a reply from Google before me. matthew.r.hornbyATgmailDOTcom

Ta.

edit – wonder if it will be a standard feature of Lollipop which should land on my Nexus soon.

chambord
    Free Member

bloody massive wide column of bollocks on the left of my inbox

You do know the ad columns are targeted depending on your history, right?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

INVITATION!

You invite someone with an invitation, not an ‘invite’.

Grrrrrr.

jon1973
    Free Member

I dont get ads on my gmail app. I assumed he was talking about the folder list/labels, which I dont think you can collapse.

atlaz
    Free Member

It doesn’t work like Gmail did where a mate invites you. They just add you to a list; I got my invite today

scaredypants

You do know the ad columns are targeted depending on your history, right?

😳 *

oh, and, Well said Flash ! You could podium in the language exactitude olympics 😉

* (in case anyone actually knows how to, it’s the column with “compose” button and all the “chat” shite in it. Happy to just move it over to the right if that’s possible)

J273
    Free Member

Ive had it a while and pretty impressed.

Im sure I’ve a few invites but no idea after having a quick look how to invite anyone.

Stoner
    Free Member

scaredy you can move the chat to the right* but you dont lose the column, that stays there with the folder list and Compose button

* addin in Labs in settings

chambord
    Free Member

I dont get ads on my gmail app.

Yeah it was supposed to be a joke because the man said he had massive bollocks down the side of his screen. Didn’t work though sorry folks. I won’t try this banter malarchy again any time soon that’s for sure.

jon1973
    Free Member

OK, sorry. I get it now. 😆

ThePinkster

So who else is using it?

Just got my invitation and installed. Will have to play around with a bit before I have a view on it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Been using it for about 5 days and I quite like it on the ‘puter – not so sure about on the phone yet.

I’d like it more if they had integrated contacts and calendar as well (but then I guess it wouldn’t be called Inbox!)

scotroutes

Still getting used to the bundling and adjusting it to what I want/need. I see what they are trying to do, and I think it’ll work for me.

Cougar

You invite someone with an invitation, not an ‘invite’.

You know, I’d never noticed that before. And now that you’ve pointed it out I’m both cross at the usage and cross at myself for my lack of vision.

Thanks for making me even grumpier than I already am.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Been a few days but until I have added some more of the automated organising stuff I don’t think it will be that radically different. That said, snoozing a couple of emails has been quite useful…
    I suspect the new calendar app will integrate quite closely when it arrives.

scaredypants

Bah, hadn’t realised it was only on mobile devices (must start reading skimming the advertising guff)

I’m back out 🙁

scotroutes

You can get it on any web browser (same as gmail) : https://inbox.google.com/

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Works in the browser, but you need to activate it by using it on a mobile.

mudshark
    Free Member

I have an invitation – not much use for my Windows phone 🙁

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Got it today. So far I don’t like having to click about nine different buttons to delete an email. On the IOS mail app you just swipe. Mail also says I have 6 emails. Inbox says I only have 2.

I’ll play some more before I decide if it’s staying.

leffeboy

I have an invitation – not much use for my Windows phone

Same problem but fortunately my wife has a work iphone. However… I believe that if you want to activate it so you can use it in a browser then the trick is to download an android emulator such as bluestacks to your PC so you can activate it from there

Been playing with it and it appears to be really nice, way better than wave was. I suspect it works best on a phone though as it make it really quick to get through stuff although the browser isn’t too bad either. Think it’s the first time that I’ve ever really missed not having an app on my windows phone

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘inbox by gmail’ is closed to new replies.