• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by LeeW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • In the Navy….
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

You and Fat Leonard can get up to all sorts…

A retired Navy admiral and eight other current and former military officers were bribed with sex, trips and other lavish perks, according to an indictment unsealed in a burgeoning scandal involving a Malaysian defence contractor nicknamed Fat Leonard.

Francis’s company was contracted to clean, stock and refuel the Navy ships.

In 2015, Francis and the company pleaded guilty to bribing Navy officials over 10 years while billing the Navy $200 million for work in half a dozen ports, according to court documents.

As part of his guilty plea, Francis agreed to pay $35 million in restitution and cooperate with federal prosecutors in the probe.

Prosecutors claim that in 2007, Francis hosted a “raging multi-day party, with a rotating carousel of prostitutes in attendance, during which the conspirators drank all of the Perignon available at the Shangri-La” (hotel), running up a $50,000 bill.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-15/retired-us-navy-admiral-in-court-in-bribery-scandal/8356532

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

raging multi-day party, with a rotating carousel of prostitutes in attendance, during which the conspirators drank all of the Perignon available at the Shangri-La” (hotel), running up a $50,000 bill.

Standard.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Same as the paperclip conferences then

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep.

LeeW

That’s only 6 bottles isn’t it? Hardly touch the sides of those Navy types…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dammit! Lee, my apologies! Completely forgot to reply about SIN. Am at Changi now, sadly.

You missed out on all the Dom P and hookers!

Next time….

cranberry
    Free Member

This latest indictment is part of a long-running investigation and includes Retired Admiral Bruce Loveless,

Great name for someone caught up in a prostitution scandal.

hels
    Free Member

There was a guy interviewed on radio four this morning – former “anti-piracy commander” for the Royal Navy. I was really hoping he would do a full aaargh matey style voice but nae luck, it was pure Captain James Blunt but without the awful singing. Such a lost opportunity.

(and I do wonder if along the corridor there was a chap with the role of “pro-piracy commander” who spent his days trying to saw his leg off, drinking rum and running training courses on boarding a vessel with a cutlass between your teeth)

LeeW

Dammit! Lee, my apologies! Completely forgot to reply about SIN. Am at Changi now, sadly.

You missed out on all the Dom P and hookers!

Next time….

Weeping in my can of Kickapoo joy juice whilst eating at a mashed potato vending machine…

No worries, I’ll be here for a while I reckon (Just hope the other half doesn’t come on here, I ain’t told her yet).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘In the Navy….’ is closed to new replies.