Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • In the interest of balance (Chain Reaction)
  • mudglutten
    Free Member

I have often posted on here to say how excellent CRC are. However, as they have now hiccuped, I guess I should report this too.

Used to their lightning quick service, when my BB failed catstrophically last Weds, I placed an order for a new BB and removal tool. True to form, the package arrived on Fri. Great news until I opened it and found that although the packing note said the tool was there, it was not. Fri night I emailed and got reply on Mon, requesting photo of packaging plus copy of invoice. Both emailed Mon night. Silence Tue. Email today along the lines of "whoops, sorry, fair cop. Unfortunately tool is out of stock but due on 30 Apr. We'll send it then."

Very bad news: last weekend was the best of the year so far. This weekend will be even better. I will have had a drivetrain-less bike for both and if I wait to 30 April, for at least one more.

I have written tonight requesting refund. They have no equiv in stock at similar price, but more expensive tools which they have not offered at the same price. I am yet to see how they respond but at least 2 weekends have been spoilt and given it's their error, I would have expected to be offered one of the more expensive tools at the same price, but this did not happen.

Overall, over about 50 orders, this is their 1st major foul up. I still think they're pretty good, but am I niaive? If they were ebay, that would equate to a 98% feedback, which I would not touch. Let's hope they come good soon…

AndyPaice
    Free Member

post on here for smeone in your local area with a tool you could borrow? That would get you riding again

Lifer
    Free Member

HT2?

timbercombe
    Free Member

They're peeing me off at the moment as I ordered a tyre and chain so I can go riding (on Sunday) it still hasn't turned up, this is long for CRC and I ordered with them as I needed it quick, guess RMail could be to blame. (And no the LBS doesn't stock said tyre and charges £10 more for the chain).

gab344
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking CRC use RM air freight?

robyzf1
    Free Member

ordered new shimano boots on Sunday night. Processed and delivered (first class royal mail delivery) at work today. No issues with CRC

Woody
    Free Member

Post Office told me today that there are delays on some routes due to flight cancellations etc.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

not got any mates, or a friendly LBS who can lend you a tool?

DickBarton

Why would they offer you a more expensive tool for the lower price??? Goodwill? I doubt it, you clearly spend the cash with them so why would it be goodwill? They have you so don't need to do anything.

Shop elsewhere? Many others have online services…if you can get it elsewhere then order it…if it isn't as cheap tough…either put up and wait or spend more and get it sooner.

Not an ideal situ but expecting a more expensive tool for the cheaper price sounds nuts to me if the item is out of stock…

Babyjack
    Free Member

I don't like to publicly slate companies on forums but…

I ordered some parts From CRC on Tuesday at 12:30 in the afternoon, they're still showing as 'processing' on my account page.
    I placed an order last week which took 3 days to be dispatched.

I always used to get my stuff next day from CRC, but at this rate I probably won't use them again.

tomhughes46

I always used to get my stuff next day from CRC, but at this rate I probably won't use them again.

Fair enough, but every other shop I have used takes far longer, several other places have had to back order 'in stock' items.

mudglutten
    Free Member

Thanks all. Fair comments all round. To comment on the various comments though:

to clarify, they were not out of stock, CRC simply failed to put it in the pack but charged me anyway; yes I could borrow one, but if I'd wanted to do that, I wouldn't have ordered one; the tool was in stock when I ordered, it has gone out of stock in the time since they failed to ship one of the ones they had; "why send a higher price one?" simply good will – keeps someone who's only ever sung their praises from posting their first "they let me down" message – It was their mistake and taking a hit of £5 (or £2.00 at their cost) to say "sorry" would make good business sense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to slag them off, simply having sung their praises here so often, I feel it right that I post their mishtakes too. Who knows, in a couple of days, I may be posting to advertise how well they recovered the situation…

Talkemada
    Free Member

An unfortunate cock-up on their part, and for you regarding the not sending of your BB Tool, but I would be suprised if they don't try and rectify the situation with you, I have always found them most helpful.
    As for delivery delays, CRC are based just outside Belfast, so "shipping" to the mainland will usually go via air unless there happens to be plumes of volcanic ash looming overhead threatening to wreak havoc, with anything bigger than a microlight. 😀

mushrooms
    Free Member

I think they say things are in stock when they are not. It's not just me that's had this problem with them.

Driller
    Free Member

Personally I think we get so used to good service from CRC that when they do mess up we think it's worse than it is. I ordered a big box of stuff on Monday and it all turned up correctly today and I got great prices on all of it. I'll keep using them.

tomcrow99

i ordered a set of wheels and forks on easter monday, still waiting! Their wheel building workshop has a 2week backlog apparently. I only found this out after sitting on hold to their customer service line for nearly and an hour! I don't mind the wheels taking a while as their are being handbuilt, but they refused to split the order and send the forks separately which p'd of off. Merlin in the future for me.

DickBarton

An extra fiver for a tool that is in stock (or £2 to them)…I'm still not seeing it…they ran out of stock so can't physically give you the tool. The cock-up was not getting it in the bag, but whose to say it wasn't out of stock at that time?

It should have been clearer but for the sake of £5, just cough it up and get the one that is in stock…I thought it was £20+ difference but for a fiver to get something sooner that you 'need' i.e. you can't borrow one as a temporary fix until the cheaper one is back in stock, I'd just pay it.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Either borrow one or spend the extra fiver – then you can go ride and all will be right with the world.

FuzzyWuzzy

Not a major drama but if they'd taken the funds and not shipped an item that was showing as in stock causing me inconvenience then yeah I'd be expecting they show a bit of goodwill and ship something that costs £5 more foc to.
    Then again I generally don't order stuff over the Internet I need really quickly and that if it's late would be a big inconvenience.

timbercombe
    Free Member

Well my bits turned up today, so ordered Sunday, received Thursday, hardly prompt but I guess Iceland can take some of the blame.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘In the interest of balance (Chain Reaction)’ is closed to new replies.