Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • In The Dog House: Schoolboy Error.
  • bigblackshed

Washed my raw, selvedge edge jeans for the first time today. 6 months old and when I looked closely they seemed to be a bit dirty. In the bath with Woolite detergent. The dirt that came out of them!!!! The water was dark brown. Gave them a second very quick wash to get the dirty water out and then a rinse.

TBH not much indigo dye came out, or so I thought. 🙄 The Wife comes home to find the bottom 6″ inches of the bath a bit blue. 10 minutes of scrubbing before Boy 2 has a bath, otherwise he’ll come out looking like a Pict.

No pancakes for me. 😥

MoreCashThanDash

*No pancakes for me*

Interesting euphemism?

russianbob
    Free Member

Selvedge edge?

Leku
    Free Member

That’s crepe.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Superb Leku

bigyinn
    Free Member

You didn’t wash your jeans for 6 months? Eurgh you filthy fecker.
    Do you dry shower with febreeze too?

matt_outandabout

You didn’t wash your jeans for 6 months?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I’ve not washed a pair of Edwin raw selvedge denim for 5 years. You’re not supposed to really. My Nudie ones are a year in without a wash too.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ok,if you’re not supposed to wash them, how do you clean them and stop them stinking?

bigblackshed

I planned to not wash them for 12 months but they were getting a bit dirty and when they got some beer spilled over them on Saturday that sealed the deal. Not turned them the right way out yet. Hopefully I’ll get some nice fades and marbling. They still look quite dark around the waist band.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Jeans don’t get smelly, they’re anti-bacterial.

bigblackshed

To stop them smelling you can put them in the freezer overnight then air them on the washing line. The don’t smell TBH. These are not “work” jeans, they’re for posing in. 😉

ridingscared
    Free Member

She should be chuffed you care about such things and take the dirty bath as a small price to pay. I just hope they weren’t those bloody awful Nudies (though guessing APC from the woolite ?)

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Eh? A year you dirty beggar.

rogermoore

Jeans don’t get smelly, they’re anti-bacterial.

Bollocks.
    I once got on a plane with some jeans on which I hadn’t washed in months. A well heeled gentleman sat beside me, glanced at my jeans and looked at me with such disdain I washed them when I got home out of guilt.
    RM.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

6 months? Really? Euch. I wouldn’t wear a pair of jeans for 6 days without washing them. That’s foul.

garage-dweller

6months no washing….yeeeeeuuuuuggggghhhhhhh!

bigblackshed

ridingscared – Member
    I just hope they weren’t those bloody awful Nudies (though guessing APC from the woolite ?)

A Japanese brand. Don’t know what. Can’t read Japanese. Bought off eBay for bugger all. It was worth a punt and if they weren’t genuine then it wasn’t a lot to loose. Selvedge on both front and back of legs and on the tops of the arse pockets. Best £30 I’ve spent on jeans so far.

Will find out in the morning if they’ve survived washing.

As for all the Euch!!! comments, how often do you “wash” the inside of your shoes or trainers? That’s where you stick your feet every day. They never get washed.

solarpowered
    Free Member

Must stop reading these threads!!
    *emulates scrubbing a dirty bath* 😯

bigyinn
    Free Member

You may not wash your shoes, but you do wash your socks and feet, well I do anyway.
    Are you compo from Last of the Summer Wine?

grum
    Free Member

‘My jeans are too trendy to wash.’ lulz

alex222
    Free Member

I wouldn’t wear a pair of jeans for 6 days without washing them.

Behave

grum
    Free Member

And yeah while 6 months is pretty scummy – no more than 6 days, really? Sounds a bit OCD.

redsox
    Free Member

Jeans don’t smell, they’re antibacterial

banks
    Free Member

Nearing 2 years now, I don’t dribble or piss myself so no need to wash them 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I once got on a plane with some jeans on which I hadn’t washed in months. A well heeled gentleman sat beside me, glanced at my jeans and looked at me with such disdain I washed them when I got home out of guilt.”

Ba flight attendant did give me some funny looks on my flight yesterday – baggage was tight as i have to take my tool bag with me and my PPE and get it all under 20kg….. so i just wore my work jeans to travel. Currently got spots of dried in expanding foam down the front as well as hammerite paint.

been washed several times- just not a hope for it coming out.

ChrisHeath

Washing jeans after a few days? What is this, incontinenttrackworld?

thx1138
    Free Member

Selvedge denim. What a complete and utter waste of money. Stiff, heavy and uncomfortable. And a bugger to wash. A totally inferior product to modern fabrics. Yet somehow, because the Japanese have started resurrecting it’s manufacture (ever wondered why it stopped being made in the first place?), and slapping ridiculous price tags on it, deluded fools the the west think it’s the coolest thing ever.

I have a pair of selvedge jeans. I tried washing them after a reasonable period, and they look shit. And they’ve never really been comfortable. I’m an idiot for buying them.

I don’t buy Superdry ‘Japan’ clothing though, so at least I’m not a complete idiot.

banks
    Free Member

Selvedge denim. What a complete and utter waste of money. Stuff, heavy and uncomfortable. And a bugger to wash. A totally inferior product to modern fabrics. Yet somehow, because the Japanese have started resurrecting it’s manufacture (ever wondered why it stopped being made in the first place?), and slapping ridiculous price tags on it, deluded fools the the west think it’s the coolest thing ever.

I have a pair of selvedge jeans. I tried washing them after a reasonable period, and they look shit. And they’ve never really been comfortable. I’m an idiot for buying them.

I don’t buy Superdry ‘Japan’ clothing though, so at least I’m not a complete idiot.

I love them bcos they last for years but your right i’ll stick to me trackies, dead easy to wash and not stuff… 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Selvedge denim. What a complete and utter waste of money.

deluded fools the the west think it’s the coolest thing ever.

I have a pair of selvedge jeans.

You. Shot. Foot.

thx1138
    Free Member

You. Shot. Foot.

Mea Culpa. 😳

I love them bcos they last for years

I’m middle aged. What fit me 5 years ago won’t fit me today. What will fit me today probably won’t fit me in 5 years from now. Comfort trumps longevity here.

tinybits
    Free Member

Not washing jeans for 6 months? I’m lucky if clothes last an outing before microbits smears snot, food or brown nappy juice down them.

Seriously though, How do people keep jeans clean for that long? They just get grubby unless you live like a saint.

thx1138
    Free Member

Seriously though, How do people keep jeans clean for that long?

They don’t. They are dirty bastards who smell.

banks
    Free Member

I’m middle aged. What fit me 5 years ago won’t fit me today. What will fit me today probably won’t fit me in 5 years from now. Comfort trumps longevity here.

Havn’t worn mine since xmas – 1.4stone heavier!

bigyinn
    Free Member

thx1138 – Member

Seriously though, How do people keep jeans clean for that long?

They don’t. They are dirty bastards who smell.
    Yep, think of all the ingrained fart residue in there. Niiiice.

verses

PeterPoddy is in The View?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXTISw_Huw[/video]

ridingscared
    Free Member

Selvedge denim. What a complete and utter waste of money. Stiff, heavy and uncomfortable. And a bugger to wash. A totally inferior product to modern fabrics. Yet somehow, because the Japanese have started resurrecting it’s manufacture (ever wondered why it stopped being made in the first place?), and slapping ridiculous price tags on it, deluded fools the the west think it’s the coolest thing ever.

I have a pair of selvedge jeans. I tried washing them after a reasonable period, and they look shit. And they’ve never really been comfortable. I’m an idiot for buying them

Seriously? It stopped getting made because it was cheaper to do it on mechanical looms- nothing to do with product development. Heavy yes, depending on weight of denim used but I’ve never ever put on a pair and thought ‘ these are too heavy to wear’ . Stiff yes, until worn in. Comfortable ? Come on really, my Levis are like silk . They don’t have an expanding waistband though if thats what you mean. Expensive? Its all relative, I’m happy to spend £200 on jeans, whereas some folk are happy to spend £200 on a day at football. Nothing to do with cool, all about quality for me.

What brand did you buy? How did you wash them? And if they are Levis with the number 555 stamped on the top button I’ll give you £20 for them , paypal gift.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘In The Dog House: Schoolboy Error.’ is closed to new replies.