Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 'In stock' (whinge moan content)
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Grrrrr

All the mail order companies are getting worse. So many times this year I have ordered items that clearly say 'in stock' on the website.

They take the money off my credit card.

And then I get a mail to say – oh, we're sorry, this item is currently out of stock. We will get it out to you in a few weeks when it comes back in stock.

It drives me up the wall. 😡

cullen-bay
    Free Member

same, especially if your ordering something for a race, 2 MONTHS!! before (it was a pair of tyres) just to get them 2 weeks after….

geoffj

Name and shame and they shouldn't debit the card until the goods are posted to you.

jackal
    Free Member

Name and shame and they shouldn't debit the card until the goods are posted to you.

Yep come on name and shame, poor service/practice that is.
    Theres only certain mail order companies i'll use/trust, and if i'm in a particular hurry for something then i'll ring to make sure they can get it to me in time.

😀

ooOOoo
    Free Member

If I ran a company no way would I put real time stock info on the web! Far too much hassle.

njee20
    Free Member

It's meant to be linked to your stock control system, so as long as that's accurate there's no problem, guess it just shows which shops have stock go 'walkabout'!

mtbfix

Name and shame and they shouldn't debit the card until the goods are posted to you

In defence of the industry, when a secure payment is taken using the cards password/PIN (3D secure) some systems takes a deferred payment immediately, however this does not get passed to the retailer until the goods ship.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

It was Leisure Lakes (this time).

I sent them an email today saying

"Do you have any more information regarding the delivery time for this jacket? It is supposed to be for a Birthday Present and I need it by the 6th of October. From checking my credit card statement today, I see the money has already been taken from my account so I am assuming they have come in and are ready for dispatch"

to which they curtly replied….

"No the jacket is not in stock yet unfortunately, it should be in stock around the beginning of next month"

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

quick update…

to which I replied…

"I feel it is totally unacceptable that the money has been debited from my credit card before the goods have been dispatched and therefore I wish to cancel the order"

Quite satisfying telling them to stick it actually, sure I'll find him another pressie in time!

taka
    Free Member

i dont like it that crc are still advertizing stuff thats been discontinued keep seeing cheap stuff that i fancey only to find they have been discontinued!!! 😡

stumpyjon

It is a problem, I am very unlikely to buy from any website now which does not show stock status (it might be a hassle for the retailer but if you're going to sell online properly it's something you need to setup). I'm also unlikely to order stuff that is shown as out of stock as you have no way of knowing when it'll be in.

I don't like the way Wiggle often quote stock leadtimes of usually despatched in 2 – 7 days, it's just a fob off and certainly doesn't mean they've necessarily got more stock due.

Blurboy
    Free Member

If I ran a company no way would I put real time stock info on the web! Far too much hassle.

Fact is customers vote with their feet and this sort of naive approach to business fortunately these days will fail. If you are in the internet (instant) business you have to publish your stock position and back this up with good service. I see a lot of people complaining about CRC on here but the business model is fantastic and IMO service matches this.

What about a name and shame forum on Singletrack? Could include an award section for the good guys?

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I agree about naming and not-shaming the better companies too – to be fair, I've had excellent service from CRC and wiggle.

stumpyjon – Member

It is a problem, I am very unlikely to buy from any website now which does not show stock status (it might be a hassle for the retailer but if you're going to sell online properly it's something you need to setup). I'm also unlikely to order stuff that is shown as out of stock as you have no way of knowing when it'll be in.

I agree. I wouldn't order out of stock stuff or from websites not showing stock status either.

The frustrating thing is, Leisure Lakes said it was in stock at the time, and did when I checked again after I had ordered!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘'In stock' (whinge moan content)’ is closed to new replies.