Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • In shock ! … Just found out im gonna be a grand dad !!
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just being informed by our 26yr old daughter that shes 5 weeks pregnant !, were both very happy for her and her boyfriend but just soo shocked by it … 46 and gonna be grand parents 😯 😯

noteeth
    Free Member

Congrats! Busy times ahead. 😀

scousebri
    Free Member

Look at the positive side, you are still young enough to fully enjoy your grandchild and watch them grow, take them biking,and who knows you could be a great grandpa and still be young enough to watch them grow up.

MoreCashThanDash

Average to be a grand dad is 49, only slightly early.

My parents were 65. Shame to see them beginning to struggle to keep up with the kids 11 years later. Enjoy it!

chewkw
    Free Member

Congratulation grandpa! 😆

That should be the norm to have a baby at 26 but nowadays it is more like 36 which is not good. Under 30 to have children should be the norm. 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

It should be the norm to have children at the point in your life when it’s right for your personal circumstances, but I digress.

Congratulations grandad Stumpy.

chewkw
    Free Member

Pik n Mix – Member

It should be the norm to have children at the point in your life when it’s right for your personal circumstances, but I digress.

That’s why most start family after 30 … work, lifestyle etc …

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

That should be the norm to have a baby at 26 but nowadays it is more like 36 which is not good. Under 30 to have children should be the norm.

You obviously don’t live near me then, the average age of MILF round here is 18.

And congrats to the OP.

Speshpaul

Nice work,

thegreatape
    Free Member

*assumes neilsonwheels is about my age and then wonders if he knows what the LF of MILF stands for 🙂 *

db

I was 38 when I became a granddad (and I’m Granddad not Grandpa – thats important).

Was very shocked when told, perhaps a bit disappointed.

Have to say its fantastic!! My granddaughter is now almost 3 and just the pair of us spent the day at Twycross Zoo yesterday, brilliant. Plus I now don’t have to make up excuses to by Duplo 🙂

Enjoy and congratulations

chewkw
    Free Member

db – Member

I was 38 when I became a granddad (and I’m Granddad not Grandpa – thats important).

An even younger grandpa I mean granddad :mrgreen:

Edit: what’s the difference between granddad vs grandpa?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I was about 35 when I was told I was going to be a grandma . . .

I felt so shell shocked, so many emotions . . . .

For a good few hours – before my darling daughter told me it was in fact an April fools joke. It really wasnt funny but did give me a taste of how my dad must have felt when I told him the same news 19 years before :/

db

Granddads are way cooler than Grandpas!

8)

muddodger
    Free Member

well, if we’re willy (or walking stick) waving I was 32 and a Grandad 🙂
    Granted my it was stepdaughter but a shock nether the less. Now have 5 granddkids + 1 due Sept,

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

40 and he told us as we stepped in the door from a two week holiday missus didn’t take it as well as I did mind you she was only 39 at the time grandson currently sitting on our sofa drink milk watching abbey and teal 🙂

P.s iam grandad and the missus is grandma none of this pa,pops or nan for us

totalshell

big downside.. your going to be having ..ahem.. relations with a grandma..

MoreCashThanDash

LOL at totalshell, always remember a mate of my dad’s telling him that.

My mum was devastated when I told her she was going to be a grandmother, think she finally realised she really was going to be stuck with the daughter-in-law.

I like to think that the grandchildren have helped make up for it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘In shock ! … Just found out im gonna be a grand dad !!’ is closed to new replies.