Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • In search of good video footage of cycling
  • ollietrex
    Free Member

I am currently setting up a new company, Tribe Guru as a new startup aiming to provide turbo training videos for cyclists. We are currently in search of good quality video footage of any form of biking, from track racing to downhill, anything goes. Also, for a background track to peoples indoor suffering, we need music from up and coming bands or djs from any walk of life or genre.

If you think you might have something that is of intrest and want to become the next star of a turbo trainer video, please visit http://www.tribeguru.com for more information or drop us an email on applications@tribeguru.com.

Cheers

Ollie Castle

jacko54321
    Free Member

just find some spinning class routines for music

ollietrex
    Free Member

Hello

The aim is to provide structured workout videos for people who want to train, more than just your average spinning class would provide.

Cheers

Ollie Castle

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How much are you paying for these videos?

tron
    Free Member

I just don't get it. I don't see why I'd want it, over say, watching Seasons on DVD.

I think it's a horribly small market segment – roadies tend to use turbo trainers, only about 5% of cyclists own a road bike, and maybe 60% of the road bikes out there are either unused or old 10 speeds from back in the day, used for getting from A to B.

So you're looking at perhaps 1-2% of the cycling market who are serious roadies. I would guess that half of them use turbo trainers if you're lucky. So 0.5-1% of the cycling market.

You are then looking at how many people use a turbo trainer and will want to use your product. Some will already have the fancy video racing systems, some will just have the radio on, some will be happy watching the Corrie omnibus.

A new product is lucky to get 1% of the market. 1% of 0.5-1% is not a lot.

I may of course, be wrong, but I've just written a business plan for a cycling product, and read far too much market research – there are only a few assumptions in the above – how many of those who own road bikes are serious roadies, that people who own turbo trainers also own road bikes, and that half of roadies might have turbo trainers.

The commuting / casual leisure market is the big one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘In search of good video footage of cycling’ is closed to new replies.