Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • In search of backsweep, please recommend me a handlebar
  • gaidong
    Free Member

‘Ello STW,

I’ve tried a few different grips on my current cockpit and yesterday tested out my new WTC Fatpaws, which should have been hunky dory. I like the size of them but I’m still getting the same pressure points in my palms and realised I’m always trying to angle my hands in a way that the handlebar isn’t offering.

Current handlebar: Renthal Fatbar Lite, 740 mm width with 30 mm rise, 7° backsweep and 5° upsweep, clamped in a Renthal Apex 40 mm stem.

I want to keep the same or very similar rise and not go crazy on the width as I just don’t need it (would consider 730-785 mm, and trim back from there to get through me local trees). I’ve been going through the usual websites (CRC, Alltricks etc) but the information often seems inconsistent. I’d prefer an aluminium bar as I’ve cracked a carbon one before and lost confidence. I’d also like to not spend the earth.

The Easton Havoc seems to have 9° backsweep but is relatively spendy (as OBVIOUSLY I’d have to get an Easton stem too to be matchy matchy – some of which would be recouped from selling the Renthal set up). The CRC Brand X riser bar is also 9° and looks fine but their stem is well ugly. I thought some of the Funn bars were 9° but the data on the shop websites doesn’t match. Can you give me any more ideas? I don’t want a Jones Loop, thanks…

Cheers,
    Gaidong

rOcKeTdOg

Flat ragley carnegie’s bar

paule
    Free Member

Sunline V-one claim to be 9 degrees, but feel a little more I think, they’re noticably more swept than the answers on my fatty which are 8.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/handlebars/gold-sunline-vone-os-38mm-rise-handlebars-318mm-clamp-745mm/

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I had some Renthal Fatbar Lites that I couldn’t quite get on with too, I now use Easton as they have a 9 degree sweep and just find them better – also the Havocs are on sale on CRC at the mo for half price, bargain, and at 750mm width they seem to be the sweet spot for me.

gaidong
    Free Member

Thanks very much, checking those leads now!

G

gaidong
    Free Member

Easton Haven ordered, in GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

bedmaker

Salsa bend 2, Stooge Moto?

gaidong
    Free Member

Wow, those Salsa ones are extreme! I’ll try the Havens and then see if my wrists are wonky enough to Salsa. 😀

tymbian
    Free Member

Production Privee make an internally offset grip so that it alters the back and up-sweep depending on how far around you position it on your bars.

bodgy
    Free Member

Personally I love my Jones H bars. Can’t ride flats since fracturing my wrist a couple of years ago.

gaidong
    Free Member

I do think injury might have something to do with it. I smashed my right hand in the Alps last summer and have problems there, then dinged my left in early winter… I appreciate what Jones has done but on a Bird Aeris it’s gonna look weird!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘In search of backsweep, please recommend me a handlebar’ is closed to new replies.