• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by lowey.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • In praise of the Schwalbe CX Comp tyre
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I love these tyres.
    Had to replace a Racing Ralph 33 that had worn down. Was wanting to get some G-Ones to go tubeless but can’t find any.

Bought one of these as I remembered them from an old bike.

They are fast on the road, grip well off road, don’t puncture easily, aren’t heavy and can be had for £5 each. What’s not to love?

wicki
    Free Member

I love’em too but where do you get’em for a fiver?

senorj

I also rate them – they work really well for the riding I do. Have to slow down in mud though. Waaaayyyyy less punctures than on previous tyres. Mine usually cost £12….A pair lasts me about a year.

thenorthwind

Just bought some CX Pros for a 26″ gravel bike. Hoping they’re as good. They weren’t £5 though!

zippykona

Have them in 26 on my shopper. Fast on the road and excellent in the mud.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Bargain!

disco_stu
    Free Member

They are pretty good value, though the K-Guard puncture resistance is not up to marathon standard but is not too bad – I commuted on them for about 6 months and only ended up with 1 or 2 punctures.

Vortexracing

by 28 do they mean 700??

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, they’re 700c. Either 30 or 35mm wide

franki
    Free Member

Some good prices on Schwalbe at the moment.
    CRC are doing Land Cruisers for £8.99 too.

Vortexracing

cheers

that athleteshop are doing the one pro tubeless for £33!! 😀

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Popped a pair on an old steel MTB for gravel/byway/railtrail use prior to buying a more specific bike. 1500km, not one puncture, plenty of grip in the dry and more than fast enough on the tarmac. Offspring now using the same set!

lowey

I swapped the Conti’s that came on my CDF as I was getting punctures nearly every ride. These have been faultless. Great value tyre.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘In praise of the Schwalbe CX Comp tyre’ is closed to new replies.