Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • In Praise of the LBS Thread
  • Brother_Will
    Free Member

Well i think there has been far too much LBS bashing on here after all where would you be without them? Hellfrauds thats where, so if you’ve got something positive to say about your LBS then please chip in here if you’ve got something negative to say then kindly take it elsewhere.

I will kick things off:
    Bristows in Peterborough, not the biggest but what they do stock is good quality and they plenty of little niggly little bits. Extra props for lending me there shock pump last week and giving me a couple of free caliper spacers.

Terry Wrights In Market Deeping, Huge stocks with all the cool stuff and nice staff.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bicycle Chain in Brigdy – helped me calculate correct spoke length today – cheers Tim.

rOcKeTdOg

Cheltenham cycles
    costs me a fortune! 😛

nukeproof
    Free Member

Head For The Hills in Dorking

Bit embarrassed as I always go in and rarely end up buying much except for maybe the odd tyre/chainring/brake pads but they are good and reamed the headtube of a new frame for me at very short notice (I didn’t even buy the frame from them but to be fair I was given it as a gift)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

as usual 18bikes in hope are legends

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’ll give a shout for “the bike chain” in Edinburgh. Mind you we appear to be well served for bike shops in Edinburgh with none of them being awful and all having their own niches

neil853
    Free Member

Ride-On in Rawtenstall, awesome shop with good lads that give good honest advice, a rarety i’ve found!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stonehenge Cycles, Salisbury.

Superb stock, superb banter, superb coffee and cake and the best wheelbuilders around.

But, that Bowery? Just no!

rOcKeTdOg

+1 for 18 bikes, only been in a couple of times and too far away to be a realistic LBS but both times i was made to feel welcome and demo’d bikes by just turning up on spec

roblerner
    Free Member

Bike UK in Bristol – great staff & shop.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

+1 for ride-on; couple of weeks ago they let my mate borrow a 20mm through-axle after he left his at home so we could get an afternoon’s riding in at lee quarry without having to make the 40 mile round trip back home to get his…

also, ken fosters in chorlton, manchester… let me have loads of little bits and pieces for nowt and the workshop lads do a fine job too (lots of little jobs i don’t/didn’t have the tools for that they’ve done without charging too). i’ll buy stuff there ahead of anywhere online/’chain’ bike shops every time…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘In Praise of the LBS Thread’ is closed to new replies.