Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • In praise of Planet x
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

To balance out the recent thread I’d like to praise Planet x.

Ordered some 1450gram, 38mm carbon cx disc wheels on Sunday night for £350!

Arrived today, delivered by Yodel, beautifully boxed, complete with skewers and brake pads for if I wanted to run them with rim brakes.

I mean **** me if that isn’t absolutely top, top banana I don’t know what is!

jad
    Free Member

Just hope your freehub and bearings don’t destroy themselves at 500 miles (“wear and tear item sir”) and all the aluminium spoke nipples to shear at just over 1000. Bitter? Me?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aero cx wheels?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Right, so the definition of absolutely top, top banana customer service these days is:

I ordered some stuff from Planet X and guess what, they delivered it to me as promised.

That really really shows how shit that company (or the others that you use) must normally be.

REALLY?

You’ve paid £350 notes for some stuff you haven’t even put on your bike, let alone used, and you’re eulogising the company on that basis.

Goodness.

bikeneil
    Free Member

So, just to summarise: You order over the internet on a Sunday, they pick the order and dispatch it on Monday, and it arrives in a box to you on Tuesday. Wow!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Surely the bare minimum you’d expect from a shop is that when you give them the money, they give you the goods. That isn’t top banana, it’s just standard. If you deem it to be noteworthy in itself then perhaps that says more about PX than you intended it to.

PS, nothing against PX. I bought a DD from them a few months ago and absolutely love it. I’ve even taken it out and used it a few times, rather than just admiring the beautiful box it came in 😉

cookeaa

Crikey while I agree the OP hasn’t exactly had noteworthy service here, the PX hate levels are definitely going up on STW…

cp

the PX hate levels are definitely going up on STW…

There’s a bandwagon to jump on.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’ve never used Planet X, it just seems to me that getting something you order in two days is not really that unusual. It’s just the normal isn’t it?

rugbydick

I ordered my fully built London Road from them.
    They built it on the day they said they would. Yodel then very politely asked my next-door neighbour if they’d take delivery (even though I’d asked them to leave it at their sorting hub for me to collect, as I couldn’t wait at home).
    So far the seat post hasn’t self combusted and impaled itself in my colon… yet.

Northwind

cookeaa – Member

Crikey while I agree the OP hasn’t exactly had noteworthy service here, the PX hate levels are definitely going up on STW…

Yup, their shitness is finally overcoming the huge amount of goodwill they had.

OP is one step ahead of me as they ****ed up the delivery, sent it late and with bits missing. But he’s not got to the bit where the product falls apart and they lie their way out of the warranty, let’s give it time.

flybywire
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve got an axe to grind with on-one or planet x..
    Good value & quality frames, complete bikes and components.
    I’ve owned 3inbreds – one 853,single speed & one 29er with rigid carbon forks, scandal v2 with RS revelations,456 carbon with 140mm marzocchis, 456 cromoly and current London road.
    All well designed, tough for uk conditions and no problems

Delivery has been good as well(faster than crc), normally 2-3days on standard to workplace and noticed colleagues receive products in same time also. plus returns (if clothing doesn’t fit for instance) they’re quick to refund or exchange

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Okay then….

Just think about it for a minute in the bigger scale of things:

Think about the materials, the craftmanship (could you do it?), the speed of delivery compared to maybe 10-20 years ago and the value for money compared to again maybe 10-20 years ago.

Deep section, carbon wheels, @ 1450gram, delivered to your door in 2 days for £350. They might not last that well but then so didn’t a lot of stuff from other companies (gxp BB anyone?), anyway we’ll see. It’ll be a hard life for them and I’ll probably have to give them some tlc along the way, like my Hope hubs, Shimano BB’s/peddles, gear/brake cables etc.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A comparison with 20 years ago is meaningless! All products are better.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff from them and Sunday evening and they haven’t got it to me yet

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘In praise of Planet x’ is closed to new replies.