Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • In praise of black Iridium lenses
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That London’s Famous City of London is awfully sunny today.

Oakley’s fine black Iridium lenses are ideal for these conditions. On a bit of a retro tip in a pair of old skool (see, I’m so street) Big Square Wires.

That is all.

Stoner
    Free Member

I concur.
    XLJ lenses for ultimate stealth.
    Embankment gardens tested them properly yesterday lunchtime…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Black iridium doing the job in Wolves too… Until my Rupp&Hubrach transitions turn up. Yum!

vernon-sez
    Free Member

3rd’d…
    2nd’d XLJs
    lots of lady joggers too today :O)

handbrake
    Free Member

not as good as polarized VR28 iridium….not only can they let you see better in a bit of shade, they make the world seem a happier place

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Prefer positive red iridium myself … 😛

handbrake
    Free Member

transitions suck….. they’re only good for tight-wad pensioners….in my professional opinion

8)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

lol…. but these go from 0-83%, and they certainly weren’t cheap.

nice to have lenses i can actually see edges with though. 😀

GhostRider
    Free Member

Prescription, Black Iridium, Transitions have been working very well for me for almost a week now. Didn’t go for XLJ as they just looked a bit to pimpy for general wearing, though probaly fine for on the bike as they will offer more protection for the eye sockets.

surfer
    Free Member

I have ran in Oakleys for years and years however last year in Miami I was given (yep given!) a pair of these. (Maui Jim’s)
    They are the best lenses I have ever tried and as comfortable as a comfy thing with comfy bits on.

So much so that I bought a pair of these for running in and they dont disapoint. More comfortable than my Oakleys IMO

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I do rather think some people have somewhat missed the point of my praising black Iridium…

8)

surfer
    Free Member

Ahhhh…. Letching

Silly me.

handbrake
    Free Member

about 15 or more years ago, when Plastic photochromic lenses were beginning to work more reliably, I sat through a presentation by Nikon. They demo’d a pair of sunnies that changed colour instantly at the press of a button. The tint was activated by a current through the lens.

Now that’s a changeable lens that I WOULD pay for. Otherwise I think they’re too much of a jack of all trades (and crap for driving)

Smee
    Free Member

The Meadows in Edinburgh yesterday was an Ornithologists paradise.

handbrake
    Free Member

mirrored lenses=perfect for perving
    transitions = pants for perving

….. what about contact lenses and high powered binoculars???

duckman

Any comments on the difference between plain black iridium and the vr28 black.TBH the vr28 looks brown.Only asking because I am about to pull the trigger on a pair of crosshairs…or spikes…or monster dogs…

handbrake
    Free Member

VR28 is not brown, but rose. polarized is darker, and the iridium a bit darker still. The brown tint has a lot of yellow in it, but makes the world feel a bit warmer than the grey.

I find the grey too dark and not very “contrasty”, which is where the VR28 polar iridium wins

hot_fiat

another vote for +ve Red here

Very effecive in the following locations: St James’ Park, Regent’s Park, on the steps of the Royal Exchange and my current favourite – Canada Square, Docklands.

Now I just need something to disguise the drooling.

The-Beard

Just remember not to turn your head or lean.

Black polarized monster dogs did the job just fine round Liverpool Street this lunchtime. I daren’t go to the park, think I’d collapse.

From the heat of course…

GTDave
    Free Member

Jiggly jiggly in EC3.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’m afraid that this is a long lived and well preserved myth.

I have been told by several friends who are worthy of men’s ‘stealth’ attention that they can still see, even worse they know

its those wicked wiles

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whereabouts, GT? Am in that part of the Smoke fairly often!

nicko74

Ah, I wouldn’t have minded some myself this afternoon, after a 3 hour stint of teambuilding at the pub. Although the view round SW1 isn’t quite so impressive, unfortunately. And I’m not sure that my Black Iridium Juliets suit me quite so much this year – style has changed, apparently…

GTDave
    Free Member

CFH, Aldgate – Minories, although I do tend to wander aimlessly. :mrgreen:

molgrips
    Free Member

Transitions in Half Jackets here. The browney orangey ones. Definitely the way to go. If the sun goes in – hell, even if it rains – just keep riding and seeing fine, thanks to the hydrophobic coating.

I have a different pair for driving tho 🙂 Which I might add are polarized, and tbh I’m a bit tired of weird reflection artefacts doing different things in different eyes. It looks well weird.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

molgrips, if you need a liquid repelling coating, I think you should perhaps look at the terms of your restraining order.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I knew this was about perving at pretty young things, before I even opened the thread! 😀

Youse lot need to hide behind dark sunglasses, because if you got caught blatantly eyeing the lasses up, you’d get called dirty old men (and rightly so), and probbly spat on. Which would be more than you deserve.

if you’re to stand any chance of actually getting anywhere, you’d need to make eye contact. All the lasses know you’re letching, and some even welcome it, but don’t think you’re being all sly and clever, because you’re not.

Now, where are those Emerald Iridiums of mine…..

Surfr
    Free Member

What’s retro about Square Wires? I picked mine up 1 year ago from Sunglasses Hut at Heathrow! Hardly Frogskins are they!

Houns

Black Polar is the best for being discreet. Fire iridium and Ruby are far too bright and draw attraction (even though pupils cannot be seen)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nicko, my current spot in SW1 is very nice indeed. Free wifi, great beer and black iridium!

Surfr, these are original issue Squares, about 15 years old! Still regret leaving my Mk1 Frogskins on a blonde in France!

Oh, and RudeBoy, I’ll be making eye contact fully when my blonde gets here, thankyouverymuch…..!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Blond, you say, Flashy?

Eeew; don’t fancy yours much! 😯

CountZero

Love my Emerald Iridium Transition WHY8’s, despite being rubbished by somebody who thinks he’s a professional. Also love my prescription WHY3 Fire Iridium Titanium’s, my original Fire Iridium Frogskins, and various pairs of Arnets and Dragons. Favourite lens colour is a bronze one supplied with my Dragon Rakes, which is dark enough in bright light, light enough under tree cover, and make everything look sunny.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Black iridium polarised tangents for me at the mo, spend so long on my face couriering that it now looks like i’ve been skiing.

They are excellent.

halfbee
    Free Member

My black Iridium 1/2 jackets are my favourite Letching Specs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blonde, RB, not blond. If you’d bothered with getting educated, you might well know the difference!
    😉

naokfreek
    Free Member

woo hoo!!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, I am sorry, Flashy. My mistake…

You did, of course, mean this one! 😉

(Does little dance)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Mind, I’d want something more like this, if she came into view:

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’m on a week long course in Middlesex Street this week. Oakleys deployed around Spitalfields at lunchtime

Hubba, hubba!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cheesy, dear boy, why didn’t you tell me? Have been in the City all week so far, could have done ale!

Not around for the rest of the week now, sadly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘In praise of black Iridium lenses’ is closed to new replies.