Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • In Laws go home today. Hurrah!
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

After 2 weeks they go home today!

Luckily I was working away for some of it but still too long.

No more constant smoking, (outside but still annoying), having to over cook veg and meat so they don’t complain. No more listening to the nonsense the FiL come out with.

Happy Days! 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

how exactly did they manage to get invited for that long?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

youre lucky, my MiL is almost residence since the arrival of our twins.. initially I was grateful for the help but its worn thin and we fall out on occasion. arrgghhh.

gobuchul
    Free Member

how exactly did they manage to get invited for that long?

The Mrs. We live a fair distance from them so she doesn’t get to see them often.

What’s worse is that it’s normally 2 weeks x twice a year. I tend to make sure I am away for a big chunk of it mind.

zippykona

Just been informed that the moaning northerners are arriving at ours Christmas Day so they can fly out on Boxing Day.
    “Quick ,Animals doing something stupid is on t’ telly let’s watch it all day.”

davosaurusrex

My in-laws are German and they have a saying; “relatives are like fish – after three days they start to go off”. They’re over next week and my FiL will bring the customary crate of German beer, bless ’em!

rickmeister

Its not all bad, my mum is over for three weeks (we are in Germany)… Later today we are all off to St Moritz, two of us biking for a couple of days, mum going walking… not bad for a 76 yr old…

totalshell

rick if your 76, how old is your mum?

rickmeister

Ha ! Jurassic Park !

hatter

My missus is East Coast USA in origin and her folks still live there.

This means that whilst I don’t see the MiL very often she does need to stay for a good while to make the transatlantic flight worthwhile.

We’ve found that she hates feeling like a spare part so to keep things sweet we’ve learnt to keep her occupied.

Last year she painted the lounge, in the spring she painted the baby’s room, she’s coming over in a few weeks and the missus is now looking at swatches for the kitchen!

Winner, I bloody hate painting!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Mine went back home yesterday, after 5 days at our new Keswick abode. Although I love ’em to bits, the MiL’s constant need to talk does drive me up the wall, after a few days. FiL struggling with the concept that he can’t help with DIY stuff anymore, as he’s –
    a. 83
    b had a hip replacement 8 wks ago
    c. a hernia repair 6 months ago
    – has been a massive frustration………………….for both of us. 😐

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Like the O.P. my in-laws used to stay a while because they didn’t drive and made good value of their Coach ticket, used to drive us mad eventually. Unfortunately MIL passed away a few years sgo and FIL is now not able to travel. Kinda miss them not coming to see us now-strange innit?

rocketman
    Free Member

After 2 weeks

😯

loddrik
    Free Member

I love my mother in law, I think she’s great and always welcome in our house for however long she wants. It’s a shame I don’t see more of her but she is in Kent whilst we are in Liverpool.

Just to put a view from the other side like…

zippykona

The simple pleasure of showering with the door open and then wandering around the house til you dry.

Cougar

Surely noisy sex is the solution.

(You, not them)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘In Laws go home today. Hurrah!’ is closed to new replies.