Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • In-laws and binge drinking.
  • fatboyjon

Doing the dutiful thing and hosting the in-laws for a couple of days. I’ve just spent an hour listening to the trials and tribulations of my father in law’s partner’s morris dancing club’s AGM. It was either hit the booze or saw off my ears. The saw blade was a bit grubby though.

samuri
    Free Member

A long, long time ago. We had my wife’s uncle and wife over for a week from Canada.

On day two, I was smoking my ‘asteroid approaching’ stash in front of them (much to their disgust). By the weekend I was snorting it openly. They’ve never come over to stay again.

user-removed
    Free Member

Samuri – what on earth kind of a stash can be both smoked and snorted? I’m intrigued. Or was it a selection of various kinds of brain-damaging shizzle?

user-removed
    Free Member

And are you having some right now?

samuri
    Free Member

Daz. I don’t recommend smoking it to be quite frank.

BoardinBob

I love my father in law dearly and he’s a great man, but he tells me the same stories over and over again. If I hear about Jimmy Desocio one more time!!! 😆

gordimhor

Is it Christmas again already? 🙂

busydog
    Free Member

my in-laws and family in general could lead one to heavy drinking or other vices if forced to spend much time with them. Really makes me understand why I love my dogs

ianfitz
    Free Member

We share our house with my mother in law!

We all moved in deliberately, all sold our houses and bought one huge one.

whilst it can be irritating at times mostly it’s good, aside from anything else – in house child care and lots of housework gets done too.

However if I had to spend more than 36 hours with my own folks I think there would be bloodshed!

And, even more shocking, I don’t drink…

user-removed
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    Daz. I don’t recommend smoking it to be quite frank.

Too late. No really – this puts me in mind of a tale which I’ll try to keep short and to the point.

Many, many years ago, my flatmate Pete and I agreed to get hold of some pot for an acquaintance named Biggs. He was very big, thus the name.

We got the pot (half ounce) and rolled a wee number just for the sake of quality control. By the next day, it was all gone and when Biggs came round to pick it up, Pete and I hid in a cupboard and sent our other flatmate to answer the door, with strict instructions regarding our absence from the flat.

Biggs came in anyway, and sat on the sofa in front of the cupboard for nearly TWO HOURS in the hope that we might return with his weed. This would have been fine, except the cupboard was very small and Pete was pretty much on top of me. And he wasn’t a hygenic, metrosexual kind of a bloke.

Anyway, eventually, after a few similar visits, Biggs realised he’d been ripped off and went to see Pete at his work. He was apparently very cordial and understanding. He even gave Pete a few wraps of what looked very much like speed. Pete wasn’t (probably isn’t) the brightest. He came home in a state of high excitement and immediately snorted one of the wraps. He was still puking and coughing and blowing soapy bubbles out his nose half an hour later.

How I laughed!

althepal

Good to hear its not just my FIL that tells the same stories over and over again..
    He drinks like a fish though- tried to keep up a few times but just couldn’t..to be fair he’s had much more practice!

fatboyjon

I’m about an hour from leaving work and heading home for tonight’s riveting installment of what Doris said to make Betty so upset and how difficult it is to get all the members of the caravan club to line their vans up properly to keep the site looking neat.

Any fun drinking games I can play in my own head to while away the evening?

All back to normal service tomorrow thankfully.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

my in-laws and family in general could lead one to heavy drinking or other vices if forced to spend much time with them. Really makes me understand why I love my dogs

This.

RobHilton
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbrIyGe_1CA[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘In-laws and binge drinking.’ is closed to new replies.