Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • In house bike stands
  • composite
    Free Member

So this weekend the sofa that no one sits on will be going leaving me space for 2 bikes that doesn’t involve them being in the hall way.

Planning to get a couple of stands that sit on the floor that you slide the wheel in, to try to save the plaster on the wall from handle bar dents. Something like one of these:

Any one got any recommendations?

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I don’t know about the stands but I’d probably be putting a patch of something on the wall to save some money. Just an idea but it might not be quite as neat as those

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve got the white one in the 2nd picture & it’s ace. Really useful for just storing the bike and also for holding it still for minor fettling. Holds road bike and mtb ok.

binners

Cheap as chips in Aldi at the moment….

composite
    Free Member

To be fair it was miss composite that even suggested getting rid of the sofa in the first place and she who looked up these stands so I’m at this stage I think I need to not push my luck with trying to push something on the wall or the vertical storage. 😀

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve been using the lower ones for years. Work well, cope with a 2.3 RQ or equivalent. Ideally you’d clamp them/screw them to the floor somehow as they tend to slide when you push the bike into them. Bikes are a lot less stable if you put front wheel in so don’t assume you’ll be able to top to tail them to save space.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Of course, you can just top & tail the stands instead 😉 but yes, front wheel first is a recipe for disaster with those stands!

wwaswas

if your partner’s suggested the above then just get them ordered…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘In house bike stands’ is closed to new replies.