Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • In-ear headphone suggestions
  • crashbanggg
    Free Member

I currently have these headphones, they are without doubt the comfiest headphones I have ever worn. However, the sound quality is…lacking. This has gradually got worse and now have absolutely no depth to them, especially with any form of background noise.

So, my question is, what headphones do you recommend? Im wanting lots of depth to the sound and cheapness… though I imagine that will be at a compromise. I guess im looking to spend up to about £30 ?

Also, I dont want headphones like these as I hate the feeling of them being like properly in my ear…

CountZero

Apart from the links being to the same phones, I assume you mean you don’t want canal phones like these:

UE SuperFi 3 Studio. Honestly, to get decent ‘depth’ you’ll have to go the canalphone route, as the ear canal needs to be sealed to get proper bass extension and treble detail, because background noise needs to be significantly reduced. They are no different to sticking your own fingers in your ears to block noise. You can get the SuperFi 3’s for around £35 on the interwebs, and they sound fantastic for the money. There are other cheap-ish phones out there, but if you want the quality you seem to want, you’ll have to go up to around £50. Shure, Ultimate Ears, Denon are all good, but I found Klipsch ‘phones to be very thin and ‘hollow’ sounding, not to my taste at all.

rs
    Free Member

regardless of your opinion on bose, these are the most comfortable in ear phones i have used, I also don’t like the ones you have to jam in your ear. Unfortunately double the price you want to pay.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    batman11
    Free Member

2nd on the bose head phones mind you i have heard good things on the dr dre head phone series unsure on pricing though.

Bats.

godzilla
    Free Member
    crashbanggg
    Free Member

In the end I went for these headphones as lots of reviews seem to suggest they’re very good for their price, so il have to wait and see whether the reviews speak the truth!

What are these style headphones like for riding in?

hazza123
    Free Member

Depending on what you will be doing when using the headphones I suggest some which go over your head. Like these (not those specific ones) I feel the sound quality is alot better than just in-ear ones. If you’re looking to spend ‘up to £30’ they’re worth a look. I have a pair like them and also an in-ear pair and you can really notice the difference. I mainly only use the in-ear pair when I’m on my bike or something, so I suggest looking at the headphones which go over your head too.

CountZero

For the money I don’t think you can go far wrong with those. I suggest you try wearing them with the lead exiting forward and the cable passing up over the top of your ear and running down the back, that way if the lead gets pulled it won’t be so likely to yank the earpiece out of your ear, and it helps reduce microphony through the lead.
    Oh, and when you put them in, pull the top of your ear up and back while pushing the earpiece into your ear. It helps seat it and seal the ear canal. The difference can be really significant, plus experiment with the different eartips too.
    Enjoy them, they’ll certainly be a huge improvement on the buds you’ve been using.

Cougar

I’d like some advice on a purchase.

I’m then going to ignore that advice and buy something completely different.

I’m then going to ask the same people I previously ignored what they think. After I’ve bought it.

Not even a please or thank you. C’mon man, don’t take us for chumps.

staralfur
    Free Member

Sennheiser CX299’s are very good, been enjoying a pair of them for over a year now, and they are used quite a lot, can’t go wrong with them and only about £15.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘In-ear headphone suggestions’ is closed to new replies.