Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • In-ear earphones – cheap but good?
  • stevious

Just busted the JVC ones that I got in an airport a while ago. Who knew they wouldn’t survive being sucked into a Dyson?

Anyway, after something with silicon or foamy inserts and in-line volume control (the extra button to stop/start and iPhone would also be a bonus). Mostly listening to podcasts while out on the bike or gardening but also music now and again. I’m no audiophile, but I can tell if sound is really crap.

Any particularly good value phones I should look at or should I just see what the supermarket has in?

Budget is sub-£30.

peterfile
    Free Member

SoundMagic E10s are going on Amazon for £24 at the moment.

I bought some for my brother at £35, and to be honest I wasn’t able to find a pair that came close to them at that price. For £24 it’s a no brainer…

Jamie
    Free Member

I use Skull Candy Ink’d 2s. They are not the best, but come with a 24 month warranty, so when they inevitably fail on one earbud, I get a new pair.

Although, if I wasn’t using them for sports and getting them all filthy/sweaty, I would go for the ones Peter links to.

grum
    Free Member

E10s are a reet bargain for £24 IMO. Also very happy with mine for around £34.

JohnnyPanic

Thanks for this – just bought, but delivery ain’t quick…

spud-face

I seem to destroy any set of headphones in a few months regardless of price (up to about £40, can’t justify any more than that) When my last pair died whilst out and about I nipped into tesco and impulse bought some Marley Smile headphones for £20 (no doubt cheaper on-line). So far so good – took a while for them to bed in, but the sound’s pretty good, the cable seems more robust than others for this price (transmits a lot of sound when it rubs against things though), and some cash goes to charity. I’ll most likely buy them again when I knacker this set.

Turns out they’re only 14 quid on Amazon – that’s an absolute bargain for what you get

#edit# Didn’t spot the volume control requirement in my haste to post – these don’t have that, sorry

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I have some Goldring ones, they come with 3 sizes of ear fittings and they sound fine to me. They were around a tenner I think, I can’t remember the model number but they should be easy enough to find on amazon.

stevious

Thanks team. The SoundMagic ones do look great but I want volume control and those ones go over my budget. Plus they will get filled with sweat so it’s probably not worth getting too spendy.

Have ordered some of those skullcandy ones.

bitasuite
    Free Member

Monoprice headphones are cheap and very good: http://ebay.eu/1pCMAHT

Excellent reviews on the hifi type forums too.

lodious
    Free Member

I got some Sony XBA-C10 XBA IEM’s and they are very, very good. They are Balanced Armature, so they aren’t for bass fiends, but they are very open sounding and amazing for the money. You might have to be careful to make sure you don’t get fakes.

CountZero

I’ve got a couple of pairs of these:
    http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_M6P_Memory_Wire_In_Ear_Earphones_Black_p/ep-m6p2-bk-mee.htm
    Mine are a couple of years old now, they’ve proved to be pretty robust, they fit right into the ear without any protruding bits, so you could sleep with them in, or pull a wool beany hat over them without them rubbing.
    Currently on sale for around £16. Really good sound, surprising amount of bass, once they’ve been used for a bit; I thought they were a bit bass light to start with, but these really do ‘burn in’, and get better after ten to twenty hours use.
    They really are exceptional for the money.
    I use the triple-flange eartips with mine, and also on all my other pairs of earphones, they make a huge difference to the sound, because they form a proper seal.

z1ppy

£10 more but I would thoroughly recommend RHA’s MA450i’s (iphone compatible) quality build for the price, 3 year warranty & there warranty dept seem very amiable 😉
    Much better all round than the much more expensive sennheiser’s they replaced.

loddrik
    Free Member

Sennheiser MM70i. Great for bass.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘In-ear earphones – cheap but good?’ is closed to new replies.