Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • In depth local news reports
  • eskay

Great one in Bath this morning:

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/news/bath-news/loads-police-descend-bath-cemetery-72577

Mr Cruse, who lives in the Southdown area of Bath, said: “I was just coming up over the hill from Pennyquick when I saw loads of police in the cemetery. There were two police vans and a number of cars.

I’ve got no idea what they were doing there.”

The Bath Chronicle has contacted police for more information.

Someone is earning their wages there!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t forget the almost inevitable photos to go with the story.

APILN

mickmcd
    Free Member

Oh I dunno not much worse than the rest of the news that seems to be a fifty fifty on wether it’s true or not

For the most part the actual need to break a story far overrides wether it’s actually grounded in fact

If they are high fives all round

If they are not it just disappears into the ever increasing pile of bollocks

km79
    Free Member

All that’s missing is screenshots of some Twitter reactions and it could get onto any mainstream news site.

deadkenny
    Free Member

A lot of local news “reporting” is very lazy these days, especially the online variety. Given they all seem to be a variant of the same web site with a different colour I wonder if these aren’t even generated by local reporters.

Mostly it’s clutching of something of no relevance and then asks social media to provide the detail.

Latest local one of mine is man gets shed broken into, so the article concludes it must be because the street lights get turned off after midnight, post on FB and gets worried mums agreeing with them. Generates loads of clicks, each having to sit through the annoying advert video.

Jakester
    Free Member

The Bath Chron (and its stablemates) are terrible for that sort of thing.

“There’s been some sort of incident but we don’t know what or where, so we’re currently scouring Twitter like everyone else”.

The level of journalism at the Chron is pretty basic, no doubt as a consequence of its owners (Trinity Mirror I think) firing all the experienced (and expensive) journos and using semi-literate interns.

deadkenny
    Free Member

All happening in Cranleigh

“An eyewitness reported seeing around six police cars and a number of ambulance in High Street on Wednesday afternoon”

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/cranleigh-police-incident-live-updates-13085071

Maybe I should dramatically report every time they go past my house, which is a daily occurrence.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘In depth local news reports’ is closed to new replies.