Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • In-car bike racks
  • davetrave
    Free Member

Anybody got one/know of any?

To be used in a Vectra estate. I know Thule and Minoura do them but also recall there being others out there, just can’t remember them…

carbon337
    Free Member

im after a used one if anyone has one….

Thule indoor 592 is the only one im aware of.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i just stick them in upside down and bungee them to the nearest loops, easy.

firestarter
    Free Member

i have an internal renault scenic rack that holds two bikes you just clip out two seats and clip in the rack. Dont have a scenic any more tho lol

INKLEINED

Talk to Phil at Dentons Cycles in Newcastle.
    He can get them there called ‘xrack3’

DickBarton

I have a Minoura 2 bike in-car rack…cost about £80…used about 8 times…now the cars I have it won’t fit…so sits in the garage…was very good just I wrote the car off before it could be used regularly!

I only know of the Minoura and Thule systems…

coffeeking
    Free Member

I just bungee mine into the boot, seems to work.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

other than costing money and takig up sace what exactly do these do that bugee’s and some old towels dont?

DickBarton

I tried the bungee thing and comparing the 2, the stand gives more support – it isn’t really on being tied to the side of the car so if you got over rough roads, it doesn’t bounce/rub or strike the side of the car…the wide base keeps everything stable and it allows a neat way of storing bikes in your vehicle…

Saying that, if you aren’t fussed about the interior of the car and/or don’t drive over particularly bumpy ground (to make the bike rock side to side) then bungees do the job nicely…

I’m in Central Scotland, so if you are as well, no probs meeting up to let you try it to see if the idea works for you…

carbon337
    Free Member

INKLEINED – might just do that tomorrow – i only work round the corner on the quayside so that would be handy.

cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘In-car bike racks’ is closed to new replies.