Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • IN car bike carriers/mounts? Honda CRV
  • brungle
    Free Member

Morning,

does anyone happen to use an in car bike carrier, I mean does such a product exist where you can take the front wheel off the bike and have the forks connect to something in the car boot so it remains upright. so you could fit a few bikes side by side?

I have a 2002 Honda CRV boot looks like this:

essentially I’m after a bar that fits in the boot when the rear seats are still up that has 3 of these on:

I do have a rear carrier that mounts on the spare tyre but tbh its a pain to put on and its putting a lot of stress on the rear tyre mount and the bikes hang funny and I just want something easier.

I don’t have a tow bar and would prefer a cheaper option.

anyone know of anything?

cheers

themoodster
    Free Member

Like the Thule 592 you mean?

brungle
    Free Member

just about to post a link to that yes exactly what I’m after but is there a cheaper alternative?
    http://www.thule.com/en/gb/products/bike-carriers/reardoor/thule-indoor-592-_-592#

thanks

themoodster
    Free Member

I made my own for my qr15 forks with some chip board and plumbing supplies. It’s not pretty but it does the job

brungle
    Free Member

cool.
    I’m thinking I may do the same, do you happen to have any pics?

phil56

these work well

phil56

struggling with the URL
    [/url]

brungle
    Free Member

Thanks for the link. does look good.

for now I’ve ordered this: http://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-accessories-nc/saris-traps-fork-mount/10772972.html

£15.39 free delivery, just the one for now to test how secure it is. I’ll attach it to some board to start with in the back of the car and see how it works.

will post back when I’ve got something decent working.

themoodster
    Free Member

Drop box link

this is the mk.1 version. mk.2 will be narrower and with the mount angled 30 or so degrees.

andysbikeclinic
    Free Member

brungle, like you, I’ve opted for the Saris units for the back of the van. Went for the single track coupled with a number of the traps you’ve already linked to. Also supplemented this setup with a fork up unit for my Maxle equipped Pitch Pro. They’ve yet to arrive, so can’t yet comment on their suitability.

brungle
    Free Member

thanks for the links guys looking good.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Have an unused Thule 592. You can have it for £25 plus shipping (or collect from London SW2).

DickBarton

yes, I did…a minoura something…holds 2 bikes. never used now and just sits in garage as my car is too small…

brungle
    Free Member

simons_nicolai-uk please drop me an email richardconey (at) gmail. com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘IN car bike carriers/mounts? Honda CRV’ is closed to new replies.