Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • In Barnsley this week, any decent local riding (road or MTB)?
  • cheshirecat
    Free Member

I find myself in Barnsley for the couple of days next week, and with the weather forecast being good, I plan to take a bike.

Any tips for a local ride of an hour or two (GPX would be nice) either with a road bike or an MTB?

Ta

chillnflow
    Free Member

Cutgate is 20 mins away (start at Langsett barn car park) and warncliffe woods just before, am sure google will show you the routes. Both great fun for mtb. Cutgate is best done in the dry, an out and back, long climb and then blast back down.. Great fun. If trying warncliffe then get chatting to locals in the carpark as nothing’s really waymarked.

A bit further gets you to derwent water res, loads of good stuff there to!

Good luck, have fun.

discoduck
    Free Member

As above, peaks if you feel like a good peddle, not got a file for it “sorry”
    And Wharncliffe again a good peddle or a nice place to push up and get your eye in on a few runs ! Local knowledge of the area is key so try and befriend some locals, sorry I’m at work or I might have been tempted,
    It’s a great place to ride, technical with some good downs.

jet26
    Free Member

Great road riding out Penistone way into he peak.

What days you about? Might be able to get out…..

Tracey

Cutgate was OK today even with all the rain we had last week

creaser
    Free Member

Trail x at higham at the side of the m1 amazing little area

Tracey

That sounds like its at the back of where i work. Link would be nice so i could do it in my lunch time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘In Barnsley this week, any decent local riding (road or MTB)?’ is closed to new replies.