Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • In 8 days Britain's gas supplies will run out!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

x2 post!

Free Member

I say bring back burning the wicker man!!

The NHBC just don't do enough, seriously, minimum standards on new build properties, all wasting a significant quantity of energy.

Perhaps if we all drank more whisky, then we'd all feel a bit warmer. Job done!

matt_outandabout

The NHBC just don't do enough, seriously, minimum standards on new build properties, all wasting a significant quantity of energy.

Hear hear! All uk building regs and standards are rubbish regarding energy efficiency, as are our enforcement of them by building control and the standards that 95% of architects, builders and subbies. To quote Scottish question time last night, there is no energy poverty throughout Scandinavia as their buildings require such little heating….

scraprider
    Free Member

i just farted , and manged to boil the water for an egg , by lighting it !!! camon try it

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

remember this…. what a load of bollocks…. surprise surprise

El-bent
    Free Member

Britain has only eight days of gas supplies left based on current usage levels, the Conservatives have claimed.

Just to remind everyone who made that claim.

john_drummer
    Free Member

so how many days ago was that claim made exactly?

I bet it was the express scaremongering again.

Still I suppose it gives them something to talk about other than "Britain faces Arctic Blast" or "Britain faces monster hurricanes" or "Britain faces monster drought/flood/plague of locusts" for a change

gonefishin
    Free Member

You know the statement of only having 8 days storage was probably correct, it was the implication that we would run out of gas as a result that was wrong. The key word is "storage" and to put it into context you have to understand what does and does not count as storage. The gas pipelines from the both the Norwegian and UK sectors of the North sea that land in the UK (and which supply the majority of our gas) don't count as storage, the gas pipelines that run to/from continental Europe don't count and the massive LNG import facilities that have been built also don't count. As classic case of a fact being taken out of context and totally misrepresented.

Going forward however the UK does need to invest in gas storage facilities and this will have to be led by the government as there is relatively little profit in gas storage for the Oil companies. They can get much better return on investment elsewhere.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

gonefishin – A classic case of a fact being taken out of context and totally misrepresented.

err… otherwise known as scaremongering!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

There was no gas in Ambleside today. 😯

tankslapper
    Free Member

Still here in Mid Wales mo fo! 😆

(and trust me after what I just ate I could keep GB going for weeks….)

john_drummer
    Free Member

You know the statement of only having 8 days storage was probably correct

yes, but only a problem if all of our external suppliers decide to turn off the taps

Spongebob
    Free Member

You know the statement of only having 8 days storage was probably correct

yes, but only a problem if all of our external suppliers decide to turn off the taps

If that happens, we'd have to rely on internal supplies! 😆

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Even on the coldest day the distribution network for the south east had another 25% left in capacity. There is no problem with either the capacity or the storage. The Scottish distribution network had another 5% left of its capacity even on the coldest day.

The distribution networks are designed to deal with winters like these.

All is well keep your knickers on!

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘In 8 days Britain's gas supplies will run out!’ is closed to new replies.