Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • In 1 hour I will find out if I have a job or not. :-(
  • robdob
    Free Member

Can’t say who I work for but it’s been in the news lately. Meeting in 1 hour. Maybe wasn’t the best thing to buy a new £1000 bike last week :-/

At least I haven’t got kids like my line manager though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yowzers.

druidh
    Free Member

Corus?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Good luck.

PS from a statistical point of view I you can be certain of having a job or not but that probably isn;t much consolation.

jova54
    Free Member

Good luck robdob.

I’m lookin for a new job having been offed a week or so ago.

Enjoy your new bike anyway.

robdob
    Free Member

Sorry I can’t say.
    No idea what will happen TBH.
    I am not worried much but I just want to get it over with!
    I’m normally a consciencous worker but I am now finding it hard to get anything done now!!

carlphillips
    Free Member

good luck mate.

mrmo
    Free Member

Doubt it will be Corus, i got the news yesterday and i got the impression most units did. Final details of how they will make us redundant haven’t been released, really good for company moral, “your all to be made redundant”!

At least i have a few months to think before i need to worry.

roper
    Free Member

Break a Leg.

(You don’t work for a Labour peer do you?)

chakaping
    Free Member

Best of luck.

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Fingers crossed it all goes well, if the worst does happen at least you’ll have time to ride that new bike 😀

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i’m finding out this week too. Tempted to offer myself up for redundancy as i’m stuck in london doing something i don’t want to do thats not going anywhere anyway. Would be a good chance to go and do a phd and then come out more qualified when everythings picked up.

midlifecrashes

Good Luck

itchy
    Free Member

Best of luck mate, I got made redundant last Wednesday but it honestly isn’t as bad as folk are saying. I’ve already had two interviews, have another two lined up and a further six applications have been sent this morning. Just got to get one fairly sharpish and enjoy the two months gardening leave and the lump sum I’m getting next month!

nonk
    Free Member

Maybe wasn’t the best thing to buy a new £1000 bike last week :-/
    away with yer. if you keep your job you can afford it…if you dont it will get used.
    best of luck.

druidh
    Free Member

It’s an hour….

miketually
    Free Member

How did it go?

robdob
    Free Member

Just had a general meeting, waiting for individual meeting about my role. Then I’ll know more. Have to go, I need a wee. 🙂

Been drinking coffee since 6am, nowt to eat and I feel a bit weird now.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

hope it works out ok.

robdob
    Free Member

My job is safe!
    Phew!

Off to get a KFC. :-)’

Might lose a role in our site, close friends too so that sucks for them. 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

Good for you! Did they tell you how they worked out the numbers, or is it not your job that’s being made redundant?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

That’s good (but mixed) news then.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That’s good news. BUT…. a KFC to celebrate? Are you mad?

Futureboy77

Good stuff robdob! 🙂

I’m in my consultancy period just now but reading between the lines, it looks like i’m gone! Not ideal when the missus works in the same office (and may be a goner) and she is due our first kid in a couple of weeks!

Oh well…plent of time with the baby for me (and hopefully a few cheeky rides too!)!!! Gotta look at the positives!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

good to hear posting here and running out for KFC doesn’t count when they do the redundancy calcs

robdob
    Free Member

It’s my dinner hour, I started at six am!

And an iPhone is a wonderful thing. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Nom nom nom (wipes lips) 😀

stumpy01

Excellent news!! Nice one!!

Funny you mention KFC – on the day I got made redundant in December I had decided Iw as going to have a KFC for lunch as I hadn’t had one for probably over a yr. Then I got called into the office and didn’t feel like one after that.

robdob
    Free Member

It’s gorgeous, it’s just opened and everything is hot and fresh. I must admit it can be a bit crap when it’s kept warm.

If I had lost my job I would probably had a KFC anyway, might have just gone for a 2 piece variety meal instead of 3.

Still would gave gone large on the fries though 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Rob, well done! New bike coming, surely?

stumpy01

He only bought a new one last week!! 😀

robdob
    Free Member

New bike? That’s an excellent idea!!!!

Always remember people:

(the ideal amount of bikes to own)=(current number of bikes owned) +1

I fancy a dirt jump type of bike.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Phew.
    🙂

Liking thr KFC idea, too.
    😀

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Rob you described something from KFC as “Fresh”, therefore you are clinically a bit mental and should be sacked anyway IMO…

;o)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

KFC chicken is fresh. Only the burgers come in frozen, the rest will be fairly locally produced to the store, and delivered fresh maybe 2-3 times a week. I’d imagine it’s fresher then what you buy in the supermarkets.

(Ex KFC Supervisor, still love the stuff)

🙂

robdob
    Free Member

My lips are still greasy. Mmmmmmm

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Good news!

KFC is ok. It’s at least tastier than McDs. And all fast-food stuff is probably no worser than poncy stuff like M+S; just that there’s loads of hype about fast food, because some people are too fat. KFC, McDs, Bugger King etc get the flak, because they are in the high streets of many poorer areas. M+S is probably just as full of preservatives/additives etc, they just pretend it ain’t.

robdob
    Free Member

Actually, don’t read that last post in isolation, it sounds a bit dodgy. 😀

jova54
    Free Member

Congratulations on keeping the job but a KFC to celebrate is a bit low key.

At least you can enjoy the bike with a clear conscience now 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

I have a very low key job. KFC is an expensive treat, especially the amount I just ate :burp:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘In 1 hour I will find out if I have a job or not. :-(’ is closed to new replies.