Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Impractical bike lust
  • dannybgoode

For some reason I really really want a Pashley Guv’nor (pic for those who don’t know what one is):

Really do not know why as it is not the most practical bike I could add to the collection – a cross or a full susser would make far more sense but I can’t seem to get the idea out of my head.

Anyone else suffer from irrational yearnings for a bike that makes no sense?

nicko74

Utterly ridiculous – the suspension was designed so it could barely go up hills, and who knows how carbon fibre that old would fare even off small kerbs, but still…

MoreCashThanDash

As I’m already at the wife-imposed limit of 3 bikes at any one time, any bike lust is impractical, frankly.

bigG
    Free Member

Keep on finding myself coming back to look at this, and trying to persuade myself not to buy it on interest free credit. It’s so much more bike than I need, but it’s gorgeous.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why do I need a recumbent? Specifically a long wheelbase, low level steering one with a faring?

JoeG
    Free Member

I have retrobike lust!

I want a Klein Mantra, a Trek Y bike, a 24″R/26″F Cannondale, and an Alpinestars Mega among others. And I’m rather vulnerable to old bikes appearing on Craigslist, too. I just bought this on Sunday!

JoeG
    Free Member

DBG – yes, I’ve seen those bikes from Hungary on ebay. He had 3 of them IIRC the last time I looked.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Transition Klunker, so nearly bought one.

26″ Quadangle, lovely jubbly.

bonjye
    Free Member

Salsa Beargrease (XX1 of course) has caught my eye recently. Last month it was a Fat Chance Yo Eddy frame. Have so far managed not to buy…

JoeG
    Free Member

Yokaiser – I have an SE on my list as well. I want it to ride at indoor bike parks (so I don’t break a derailleur). I’ve never been to an indoor bike park!

cozz
    Free Member

oh man – IM liking that klunker in green or orange !!

seanthesheap
    Free Member

breadcrumb

I lust after a bmx. I don’t possess any skills and I’m in my mid 30s. I just think they look cool.

6079smithw
    Free Member

breadcrumb – Member

I lust after a bmx. I don’t possess any skills and I’m in my mid 30s. I just think they look cool. Do it.

Lately I want a Trek Sawyer, a Borealis Yampa and a Van Nicholas Valkyr.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I came to post the LTS too, Nicko.

I had an enormous poster of it on my wall as a child. Bike pr0n!

bencooper
    Free Member

I just put my RTS on eBay 😉

Northwind

If sweary bob made ****ing pushbikes…

This…

or this…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Impractical bike lust’ is closed to new replies.