Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Importing GPX files into Garmin Edge 200/G Connect?
  • nickdavies

I’m after a bit of help, been pulling my hair out with this tonight.
    Trying to get a gpx breadcrumb trail onto my edge 200, as used it today having programmed it via Garmin Connect on canal paths and roads and it worked really well. Now want to follow a mountain ride, so I’ve tried a couple of OS map GPS sites, created a route and tried to save direct to garmin. Not having any of it!

So i’ve tried to save as a GPX and just got a text file which I think I can import into Garmin Connect tried that but no luck. Now trying to convert it into a proper GPX file using GPSIES and still it just throws errors.

Anybody done this before and can point me in the right direction?
    Cheers

DougD

I used ridewithgps to create a route, exported it as a gpx file then dragged and dropped the file into the ‘new files’ folder, disconnected the garmin and it was there. Not sure if that helps at all

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I use bikehike and click on the tcx file option.

nickdavies

Thanks both, I was using Bikehike but when I came to save it the OS Maps had used all their bandwith, so I had to find a different way. Ended up getting a sample gps file, and modding it before putting it into the new files folder on the garmin.

Have since learned of RideWithGPS and it’s fantastic! The mapping is better than OS, and it solves one of the problems of my trial run on the garmin on Sunday which was getting lost slightly off route. I can now set alerts to bleep with the guidebook text just before turnings which is a winner!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Importing GPX files into Garmin Edge 200/G Connect?’ is closed to new replies.