Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Import duty/ VAT on Ground Effect clothing?
  • dickydownes
    Free Member

Anyone been charged any by the Post Office when ordering from New Zealand?
    Was thinking of buying a pair of their Polartec thermal socks, and a pair of the thermal knee length socks – anyone got any?

40mpg

Used them a couple of times many years ago (good kit too). First time got away with it, 2nd got stung.

Shame, as it is good stuff, but the gamble on import duty means i’d rather buy from uk based distributors.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve bought gear from them 2 or 3 times,only got stung on import duty once.
    The.submerino base layer is an excellent piece of kit

jota180
    Free Member

I thought they now had an agreement with HRMC and did all the collecting and paying at source?

fandango
    Free Member

As jota says, Ground Effects certainly had an agreement but it may be worth a quick email to “Ernie” for the current situation.

Oh, and they make some great stuff…

allthepies
    Free Member

All their current website blurb states that VAT + handling charge may be collected by Royal Mail in UK.

Prices exclude NZ Goods and Services Tax (15%).
    You’ll possibly have to pay VAT and a handling fee to Royal Mail before they’ll release your parcel.
    If so then you’ll receive a ‘Fee to Pay’ card with options for online payment and delivery, or collection from your local Delivery Office.

drlex
    Free Member

3 purchases; 3 fast (sub-week) deliveries without charge.
    There was a recent “sign up & save $30” deal – made my Flash Gordon more reasonable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Import duty/ VAT on Ground Effect clothing?’ is closed to new replies.