Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • import duty and BikeDiscount.de
  • wl
    Free Member

Might be a stupid question but if I buy something from Bike Discount in Germany will I get stung for import duty as well as postage? And is it a reliable outfit with quick delivery? Ta.

chrisdw
    Free Member

No its in the EU. So no fees.

sarpullido
    Free Member

No import duty from EU countries and very reliable. Bought a few times from them.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Plus one they are very good and free returns

cp

Very reliable, quicker delivery from order to door than crc.

No import or taxes within eu, price you see is the price you pay.

limkilde
    Free Member

They are almost as good as bike-components.de

wl
    Free Member

Nice one. Cheers, all.

peteimpreza

Yes it is a stupid question given how long we have been in the EC.

They are a great company and come highly recommended.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Have found alltricks in France to be cheaper and fast delivery also

deadkenny
    Free Member

+1 all the above.

Only issue I’ve had is if they send with DHL. They’re perfect in Germany, shipped same day and in the UK on an evening flight, but then sat in a depot at Heathrow for a week.

Oh and another EU benefit is the law provides for mandatory guarantees that have to apply to products bought and supplied anywhere within the EU, and companies can’t wriggle out of it claiming “grey import” etc.

And yes, Alltricks is my current choice. Cheaper still and very fast delivery, plus I’ve had full retail items from them, not OEM. Either way, Euro exchange rate is favourable at the moment so all good deals to be had.

vincienup
    Free Member

Never had any issues with bikediscount.de. I also like alltricks and rose. Hibike is worth a look also.

They all seem to have specialities, but usually all cheaper than CRC…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You may be charged a ‘Non-Sterling Transaction Fee’ from your card issuer.

i was charged about £8 on a £300 spend….or something like that.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Depends on the card. If you pay in Euros you’ll usually get fees or the exchange rate is a little loaded if they claim no fees. Still it works out cheap though.

You can pay in sterling instead, though the shop will add a bit on the price instead to cover the exchange rate instead of the card doing it.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Same here from Alltricks, genuine retail items not OEM. Just bought a set of Rockshox Reba forks and came in rockshox box with,pump,poplock and a seal kit.

neilthewheel

It’s another good reason not to vote UKIP

welshfarmer

Or set up a currencyfair.com account and pay in Euros by BACS with hardly any fees and at the genuine Euro exchange rate and not the loaded one used by all the financial institutions out there.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Can’t fault Bike Discount. They’re my go to place for Schwable tyres.

Deleting is very quick and not too expensive.

Saying that Rose and Active Sports have been first class when I’ve used them too.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

^ Got a link for active sports? I can only find a sports suppliment/nutrition shop.

Just about to order from there, and DHL and DPD are both the same price.

Is one any better than the other? Ideally I’d like the bits before the weekend.

warpcow
    Free Member

Actionsports.de maybe? Very good for wheels and some Shimano stuff.

scottfitz
    Free Member

BTW before you buy check http://www.alltricks.com/ they are cheaper for some brands.

alltricks
    Free Member

Hi guys, I am working at Alltricks.com
    +1 all the above, thanks to EU, no import duty if you buy from any French or German shop.
    And with the current Euro exchange rate, it is worth to shop abroad!
    Alltricks is based near Paris so not far from UK 🙂 Orders placed before 5pm are dispatched the same day using UPS, so delivery time compete with UK shops.
    We have £ prices on the website to give you a rough idea of the prices in your currency but final payments are made in €. The good news, 99.99% of the time you will be charged less than our £ advertised prices 🙂
    I hope this helps,
    Cheers.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘import duty and BikeDiscount.de’ is closed to new replies.