Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Implants dental that is advice requested
  • handyman
    Free Member

Hi had a molar out 2 weeks ago and the dentist has suggest i have an implant to stop other teeth moving and causing other problems, so has anyone on here had any experience of a dental implant and how long before it was all settled down and pain free thanks

samuri
    Free Member

Not had one myself but a chap at work had quite a few.
    He said the work itself was unpleasant because it lasted a long time but apart from a bit of an ache he reckoned it wan’t that bad. He said proper tooth pain was worse than the implant pain.

He also mentioned that the price of the buggers hurt more.

ononeorange

Had one a couple of years ago. +1 on the pain being the cost! Even if you have dental insurance they don’t cover much of it.

That aside, they give you this weird quasi-anaesthetic where you are sort of awake but have little idea what’s going on or how much time is passing. That was great! Came to properly back at home with a bit of a headache – just like going to a party. It hurt a bit for about 24 hours, a week of faffing about with some kind of disinfectant then that’s it, frankly. The thinking about it beforehand was worse than the actual procedure / after-effects.

sam_underhill

That aside, they give you this weird quasi-anaesthetic where you are sort of awake but have little idea what’s going on or how much time is passing.

I had that when they screwed my shoulder back together! Awesome stuff.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Ketamine?

samuri
    Free Member

Was it called a sedative? They’re awesome. i had a particularly nasty root canal done once under sedative.

I could feel the pain but it was like it was someone else’s. Interesting, but not bothersome. That would be ace as a date rape drug.

sobriety
    Free Member

As an aside I once knew a girl who used to take rohypnol as a recreational drug, said it makes you sleepy-horny…

chewkw
    Free Member

Damn the cost … I need one done …

Xylene
    Free Member

Medazolam will be the what they used for the twiglight sleep.

ononeorange

Whatever it was I thoroughly recommend it for that stuff alone!

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

My Missus had one done several years ago-it was one of her front teeth. Previously had a crown that wouldn’t stay in. She had a couple of visits, one to put the implant in combined with temporary bridge then when the bone had healed around the implant the crown was fitted. She had a little bit of swelling which soon went down. Cost—don’t ask—
    HIJACK
    This is the missus -it was worth every penny, cost less than his bike (I am not a cyclist!) and was worth it. Is as good as my original tooth – I can even eat apples normally. Have just had to have another crown and am now unable to eat toffees! 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Implants dental that is advice requested’ is closed to new replies.