Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Imperial War Museum Duxford- big thumbs up !
  • whatgoesup

So I finally got around to visiting, with my 3.5yr old son whilst Mum and daughter had a town/shopping day.

The place rocks – the “British plane” hangar is worthy of being the whole place all on its own (concorde, Lancaster was open for tours inside) TSR2 plus so many others – add onto that the American hangar- with a real life SR71 Blackbird plus so many others then the land war building with more tanks than you can shake a stick at. Topping it off was the vehicle display – tanks etc belting around spewing out noise and smoke lots of fun.

Did I mention I like it? Oh, and so did my son, thankfully I bought an annual ticket it’s too big to see in one day

oldtalent
    Free Member

Good call, ive been trying to remember where I’ve wanted to visit next & this was it.
    Been to the raf museum London this weekend, that was bloody brilliant also, plus free entry. More than happy to leave a donation, 4 hangers full of planes, I loved it. She less so 🙂

richmars

Plus the hanger where you can watch planes being restored.
    The D-Day exhibition in the tank hall is very moving.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Imperial War Museum Duxford- big thumbs up !’ is closed to new replies.