Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Immigrants!!!
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Do you know any?

iolo
    Free Member

I know a few english here in north wales

pondo

YES!! Very nice folks they are, too. 🙂

khani
    Free Member

Loads, why?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I am one. So, yes.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The vast majority of my friends who I spend time with are western European immigrants. I tend to find their lifestyle is much closer to mine when it comes to sport and socializing.

kilo

My parents, why, what do you want me to ask them?

chewkw
    Free Member

I am legal in GeordieLand.

I will invade the South with my GeordieLand zombie force to rid all those Southern invaders. Freedom!!!

mt
    Free Member

Yep I know some economic migrants. Don’t know any refuges or asylum seekers though, well do know some southerners that have escaped to the north.

Mikkel
    Free Member

i am one of them…

Drac

Why do you think? He’s being ‘controversial’.

Have you not noticed how he starts a thread without given any of his own opinions just fires a question or drops a thought then waits for the thread to snowball. If it slows down he pop back in again and set it off with some random copy and pasting.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, he is “controversial”. Might be confused or perhaps a zombie. 😆

I like feeding zombie trolls.

mt
    Free Member

I thought it was a simple question but these days you never know. Either way we could all do with knowing.
    Personal I’d prefer thread to have started with “now I’m n……..”

Edukator
    Free Member

I’m an immigrant and economic migrant. I know other immigrants too.

kilo

Drac – Moderator

I had kinda guessed that 😉 .

My dad got me to cut his lawn today – bloody work shy scroungers, coming over here etc etc etc

Junkyard
    Free Member

No, i do my own cleaning

Bazz

Is that polite way of saying that he is an obnoxious troll?

miketually
    Free Member

My sister is an immigrant: English, but living in Scotland.

khani
    Free Member

Have you not noticed how he starts a thread without given any of his own opinions just fires a question or drops a thought then waits for the thread to snowball. If it slows down he pop back in again and set it off with some random copy and pasting.

POSTED 55 MINUTES AGO

🙂 you win the internet today..

sbob
    Free Member

iolo – Member

I know a few english here in north wales

Wales is part of England, you’re not Scottish you know!

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is probably getting a semi that you noticed tbh

Its not important whether it is good or bad just that he is noticed.

Never met him he is down south so unlikely to.
    I bet he is almost normal in real life 😀

matt_outandabout

Me in Scotland

miketually
    Free Member

I teach quite a lot of 1st/2nd/3rd/whatever generation immigrants, from (off the top of my head) Bangladesh, Romania, Hong Kong, Nepal, Czechoslovakia, Poland. Probably more too, but we don’t tend to notice the white immigrants once they’ve lost their accent.

As I said on another thread, most of us will have a non-UK ancestor in our relatively recent past. I’ve an Irish surname, though that’s from a good few generations back, and I’m as Italian as I am Irish because that particular immigrant married an Italian dancer. I’m more Scottish, with a maternal grandad born in Scotland, but that didn’t stop my sister who moved up their getting grief off a woman on the train because she was Scottish.

As Stewart Lee observed, the current ‘scary’ lot of immigrants from Bulgaria and Romania are just the successors to those from Poland, Pakistan, the West Indies, the Irish, …, Anglo-Saxons, Beaker folk, Neanderthals, fish coming over here and forming an integral part of our life, society, diet and culture.

enfht
    Free Member

I’m a refugee.

Tiger6791

We have a couple for neighbours.

They are noisy and eat our food.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/foreign-immigrants-that-have-settled-in-the-uk

julianwilson
    Free Member

My mum. Next door neighbours. Four actually come to think of it seven colleagues.
    They all speak english as second (or third or fourth!) language and still have nationality of origin as opposed to being British.

Is it still true that there are as more british expats overseas resolutley refusing to learn the local language than there are non-english speaking migrants in the UK? 😀

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Yep. And?

Kryton57

Yes me.

My family came across from Scandinavia via York many years ago. We never really formally applied to be nationlised.

CountZero

My family came across from Scandinavia via York many years ago. We never really formally applied to be nationlised.

Just waited for the French Normans to charge in and legitimise the process… 😉

jonba
    Free Member

Work for a large multinational in Newcastle- plenty of people from all over in the office, even some Mackems.

Northwind

We’d go out of business if it weren’t for our thousands of immigrants. For some reason the government keeps making it harder for them to get into the country though, why is that? Ah yeah it’s because they’re shitebags pandering to an agenda of ignorance, fear and racism.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I know some but they’re all in prison.
    Actually they probably aren’t immigrants but their parents were/are.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, pretty much everyone I know

oldboy
    Free Member

My ancestors came over with the Norman conquest, apparently. Unfortunately their offspring failed to remember their original language and as a consequence my linguistic skills are confined to bits of Broad Yorkshire – actually quite useful when talking to the local farmers! 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Loads!! Do you?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Someone keeps stealing my Daily Mail. Must be immigrants. Or the gays.

torihada
    Free Member

Yep: the other half is and I assume my kids are 2nd generation? I’ve just been having a go at the UK citizen test: I defy anyone born in the UK to pass it without studying.

My own lineage is northern/Scottish/Scandinavian/Norman/Anglo Saxon/roman/Celtic/Neanderthal sort of mix. Repatriate me!

thejesmonddingo

I met an awful lot of immigrants through work (NHS),they were mostly hard working,very nice people,using their skills for our mutual benefit,and the NHS would struggle without them.There were some ignorant workshy scroungers,but the Welsh and Scots are like that IMHO.
    P.S. poor troll even by Woppit standards

speckledbob
    Free Member

I’m from Liverpool but live in Yorkshire. Do I count?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My great granddad was an immigrant from Italy.

They walked here 😯

I know a couple of recent immigrants too, splendid chaps actually. I welcome them as long as they are going to work and contribute and not sponge.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Immigrants!!!’ is closed to new replies.