Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • imax cinima…Worth sitting up front.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

As title really. Worth it.?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Based on usual cinemas id say its one of the worst places. If you have to rake you head up and can't see the full screen without shaking your head you've gotta be too close

disco_stu
    Free Member

i did it once for the dark night as you can't book seats at the birmingham imax. Never again!
    Unfortunately you can't see the whole screen when your right at the front so you have to move your head to follow the action on the screen

joolsburger
    Free Member

NO. At least 10 rows back. I go to the Imax in Waterloo all the time and anything nearer is a waste of time.

akira

Yeah in the middle and a bit back is the best place, salted or sweet though?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Won't be booking front row seats then.

Cheers.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

salted or sweet though?

Not been to the cinema for years but I remember my girlfriend when I was a teenager being surprised it tasted salty

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What you going to see?

I think that films shot in the IMAX format look fantastic, but films converted to the IMAX screen size look awful. Also fast action films tend to give you a headache as your constantly looking different directions no matter where you sit.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I saw Dark Knight in Imax and sat at the back on the far left i.e. as far back as possible and it was still too big. As FunkyDunc says it was too fast for Imax.

It seems a bit counter-intuitive but I'd sit as far away from the screen as you can.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

back back back!!!

Been many times, and think near the back third is a good place to start.

Makes for good neck comfort, especially during 4-film-zombie-all-nighter-marathons!

Also – you can get the lift up, and arrive in style : )

Sitting at the front severely bends your neck – no fun at all.

AlasdairMc

A few rows from the back in the centre is best, so you get the benefits of both the picture and positioning for the surround sound.

I saw Dark Knight on IMAX too, I thought it was awesome on that format

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘imax cinima…Worth sitting up front.?’ is closed to new replies.