• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rosss.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Imagine the heart sinking moment….
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Saw this on FB, guy who organises Red kite enduros, poor fella.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wait….someone half-inched it from BPW somewhere on the uplift route?

Almost certainly a rider, then, surely? Can’t imagine many normally minded bike thieves hanging around the uplift route hoping something will fall off…..

wallop

Holy crap – fell off the uplift!?

Northwind

My Hemlock fell off the gondola at fort william, that was an experience. But I got it back.

Not trying to stir trouble but surely this is BPW’s responsibility?

andyl
    Free Member

Depends where the fault lies. Did the owner not put the bike in properly or do the staff do it? Or did something break?

honourablegeorge

If my bike fell off an uplift, I’d be expecting it covered by BPW’s insurance

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The falling off the uplift thing isn’t the issue here, surely? (FWIW, I’ve seen a mix of rider only fitting and driver checking)

Skiing earlier this year, someone lost a ski from the lift in front of me. Spotted them later in the day and asked, and it turned out someone had taken it down to the base station for them. Nice.

The issue here is that such nice behaviour didn’t happen. A bike was “found” having fallen off the uplift trailer and then stolen. Almost certainly, IMHO, by someone who was there to ride. After all, what other reason would there be to be up that hill?

spooky_b329

1) Rather small game compared to all the other heart sinking possibilities

2) Its either landed on its front and bent or its just hideous, either way that means I wouldn’t want it back 😉

darrenspink
    Free Member

After all, what other reason would there be to be up that hill?

Looking to nick bikes?

Or being Kate Bush.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=790306047752160

butterbean
    Free Member

Owners responsibility on the uplift IIRC as the drivers don’t touch them, they will tell you if the straps are too loose though to tighten them.

You’d think its not that hard to put a bike on them properly, but every time I’ve been there is always a few people making a real pigs ear of it.

legend
    Free Member

Butter bean that’s way off, just did a weekend there and on every run the driver when round checking, tightening and securing all the straps.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

it’s there, in the trees. Luckily it landed on its wheels.

stuey
    Free Member

from FB
    “Red Kite Events – Mountain Biking
    The awesome guys at AberdareMTB tracked it down and we are being reunited tomorrow. What a result!!”

darrenspink
    Free Member

Happy ending 😀

scandal42
    Free Member

Tracked it down where?

Rosss
    Free Member

Last two times been I’ve been there, there were kids on quads at the tops of the climb and two lads of MX bikes narrowly missed the uplift van coming the other way.

Glad it’s been found safe!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Imagine the heart sinking moment….’ is closed to new replies.